I love a little spice. Not too much, but just enough to give a bite to my chicken. Mango Chicken Pasta does just that. It’s both sweet and spicy, which makes the world go ’round, right?
In my life, Momma was the sweet one, and Granny Tag was the spicy character who kept us all on our toes. Granny Tag had Momma when she was in her late forties, and swears she didn’t even know she was expecting. When Momma arrived, she weighed only 2 pounds, but the talent wrapped up in her little body weighed so much more.
I can’t help but think of the gifts my Momma gave me. She was an incredible artist, and even though I didn’t inherit her drawing gene, she gave me the ability to see beauty in all things, and create something delicious from the bounty I’ve been given.
Why I Love This Recipe
Mango Chicken Pasta started out as 2 plain pieces of chicken in a frying pan. Those chicken breasts were just sitting there staring at me, begging for more…as if to say “HELP!’ Since naked chicken wouldn’t make a very good blog post, I started rummaging through my pantry attempting to come up with a better plan.
Enter mango, sweet peppers, onion and cilantro. Next, I added a touch of brown sugar for sweetness, and a little vinegar to make it tart. And, heavens to Betsy…I couldn’t forget the spice!
Ying and yang…the stuff of life.
Thank you, Momma and Granny Tag, for showing me the importance of balance…in cooking, and in living.
How to Make Mango Chicken Pasta
Sauté onions and pepper in a skillet for 1 minute over medium heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then add to skillet. Cook chicken about 3 minutes on both sides until brown.
Reduce heat to low and begin mixing sauce. You’ll need hot water, brown sugar, vinegar, sriracha sauce, garlic, soy sauce, ketchup and cilantro. In a separate saucepan, combine all ingredients in sauce together over medium heat. Stir until mixture begins to boil.
Add cornstarch mixed with a little water and continue to cook over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add diced mango to sauce and stir well until sauce thickens.
Pour mango sauce over chicken in skillet and increase heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until chicken breasts are tender.
Cook angel hair pasta in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain. Stir chicken with sauce well, and serve over angel hair pasta tossed with garlic salt and olive oil. Garnish dish with fresh chopped cilantro.
More Chicken Recipe to Love
- Lemon Butter Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Patties
- Chicken Pot Hand Pies
- Jerk Chicken Rice Bowl
- Rock & Roll Chicken Salad
Tangy mango sauce meets pan-seared chicken in this zesty dish, served over angel hair pasta and garnished with fresh cilantro.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, or chicken tenders
- pinch of garlic salt and pepper
- 1 small red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 tsp. cornstarch, mixed with a little cold water
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta, cooked & drained
- pinch of garlic salt
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Over medium heat, sauté onions and pepper in skillet for 1 minute.
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts, then add to skillet.
- Cook chicken about 3 minutes on both sides until brown.
- Reduce heat to low and begin mixing sauce.
- In a separate saucepan, combine all ingredients in sauce together (except cornstarch and mango) over medium heat.
- Stir until mixture begins to boil.
- Add cornstarch mixed with a little water and continue to cook over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add mango to sauce and stir well until sauce thickens.
- Pour mango sauce over chicken in skillet and increase heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until chicken breasts are tender.
- Cook angel hair pasta in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain.
- Stir sauce and chicken well, then serve over angel hair pasta tossed with garlic salt and olive oil.
- Garnish dish with fresh chopped cilantro.
While there are several ingredients in this dish, it comes together quickly when everything is gathered beforehand.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mango, chicken, pasta, sweet and sour sauce, mango sauce, angel hair
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe. Please leave a comment and *STAR* rating below…