Tangy mango sauce meets pan-seared chicken in Easy Mango Chicken Pasta. It's served over angel hair pasta and garnished with fresh cilantro to make a delicious meal for pasta night or any day of the week!
Why You'll Love It
- Spiced Right: sweet and spicy flavors give a little bite to the chicken
- Quick and Easy: cooking time is less than 30 minutes
- Versatile: serve over rice, pasta or veggies
- Make Ahead: can be made in advance and served later
Easy Mango Chicken Pasta is so flavorful, you'll wonder why you've never made it before! This recipe has several ingredients, but don't let the length of the list fool you. It comes together quickly and creates a hearty dinner your entire family will love!
Boneless chicken breasts are sautéed with onions and red peppers in olive oil, then a sweet and spicy mango sauce is added to the pan. Mango Chicken tastes great over angel hair pasta, but can also be served in a rice bowl if desired.
This easy recipe is both tangy and sweet, which makes it lip-smacking good! You can also make it ahead, which comes in handy on busy weeknights when you're trying to get dinner on the table. It's the perfect meal for pasta nights at home!
Even though there are several ingredients listed, most of them can be found in your refrigerator, pantry or local grocery store. The main ingredient is fresh mango, but you can use frozen if fresh is not available. See recipe card for quantities.
- olive oil
- chicken breasts
- garlic salt
- black pepper
- red bell peppers
- fresh cilantro
- sweet onion
- brown sugar
- white vinegar
- sriracha sauce
- soy sauce
- cilantro to garnish
- fresh or frozen mango
- angel hair pasta
How to Make Mango Chicken Pasta
- To make this mango pasta recipe, dice all of the vegetables and mango on a large cutting board.
- Sauté onions and diced red bell pepper in a skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Season boneless chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper, then add to hot oil in skillet.
- Sear chicken about 3 minutes on both sides over medium-high heat until golden brown. Keep chicken warm while making the sauce.
How to Make Mango Pasta Sauce
- To make the mango pasta sauce, combine hot water, brown sugar, vinegar, sriracha sauce, garlic, soy sauce, ketchup and cilantro in a saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until mixture begins to boil.
- Add cornstarch mixed with a little water and continue to cook over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add diced mango to sauce and stir well until sauce thickens.
- Pour mango pasta sauce over chicken in skillet and increase heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until chicken breasts are tender.
- Cook angel hair pasta in boiling water for 2 minutes until al dente. Drain. Stir chicken with sauce and serve over angel hair pasta tossed with garlic salt and olive oil. Garnish dish with fresh chopped cilantro, green onions, or shredded parmesan cheese.
Yes, you can make this recipe with fresh pineapple for a tropical vibe. Or, try try using a fruit salsa or chutney as a delicious variation.
The basic ingredients in this dish are healthy and a good source of protein and antioxidants. However, if you're watching your sodium intake, you'll want to omit the salt and soy sauce in this recipe. You can also omit the brown sugar and use a sugar substitute if you're on a low calorie diet. Estimated nutrient information can be found in the recipe card.
This recipe has a small amount of sriracha which is not too spicy. However, if you want it to be mild, simply omit the hot sauce. If you'd like more spice, consider adding curry powder, red chili flakes or minced ginger which adds more heat.
What to Serve With Mango Chicken
Curry Rice Salad compliments the sweet and spicy flavor of Mango Chicken perfectly if you want to substitute rice for angel hair pasta. Steamed white rice, jasmine rice, or fried rice also works well with this dish.
Storage and Freezing
Make Ahead - cook the chicken and sauce in advance, then store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days before serving.
Leftovers - store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat leftovers in the microwave or on the stovetop over medium heat until warm throughout.
Freeze - place leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. Mango Chicken makes great freezer meals for prep!
More Chicken Recipes
- Lemon Butter Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Patties
- Chicken Pot Hand Pies
- Jerk Chicken Rice Bowl
- Creamy Chicken & Rice Soup
- Dutch Oven Chicken and Potatoes
Mango Chicken Pasta
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts or chicken tenders
- pinch of garlic salt and pepper
- 1 small red sweet pepper chopped
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup hot water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ½ tsp. sriracha sauce
- ½ tsp. garlic
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 tsp. cornstarch mixed with a little cold water
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- ½ pound angel hair pasta cooked & drained
- pinch of garlic salt
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped
- Over medium heat, sauté onions and pepper in skillet for 1 minute.1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 small red sweet pepper, 1 small onion
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts, then add to skillet.2 boneless chicken breasts, pinch of garlic salt and pepper
- Cook chicken about 3 minutes on both sides until brown.
- Reduce heat to low and begin mixing sauce.
- In a separate saucepan, combine all ingredients in sauce together (except cornstarch and mango) over medium heat.1 cup hot water, ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup white vinegar, ½ tsp. sriracha sauce, ½ tsp. garlic, 1 Tbsp. soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. ketchup, 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
- Stir until mixture begins to boil.
- Add cornstarch mixed with a little water and continue to cook over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly.4 tsp. cornstarch
- Add mango to sauce and stir well until sauce thickens.1 mango
- Pour mango sauce over chicken in skillet and increase heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until chicken breasts are tender.
- Cook angel hair pasta in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain.½ pound angel hair pasta
- Stir sauce and chicken well, then serve over angel hair pasta tossed with garlic salt and olive oil.pinch of garlic salt, drizzle of olive oil
- Garnish dish with fresh chopped cilantro.1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
- While there are several ingredients in this dish, it comes together quickly when everything is gathered beforehand.
- View the Google Web Story for Mango Chicken Pasta!
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.