If you’re looking for an easy skillet meal that’s packed with flavor, Lemon Butter Chicken is a recipe to love. It’s lemony, buttery, and all kinds of yummy. And, the best part is you can have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Clean up is also a snap since everything is made in one skillet. (ad) Plus…don’t let the ingredient list fool you. Lemon Butter Chicken comes together quickly and cooks in a flash.
This recipe is southern enough to make your lips smack together, yet fancy enough to serve on special occasions. It’s my favorite one-skillet meal! If I was a betting woman, I’d bet it will be yours too.
How to Make Lemon Butter Chicken
Add olive oil to a skillet and set on medium heat. Sprinkle chicken tenders with garlic salt and pepper. Add tenders to the skillet and brown on both sides, turning frequently.
Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm. Turn down heat, then add butter with green onions and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute.
Sprinkle flour into skillet and stir for 1 more minute. Add chicken broth and scrape up any brown bits. Cook until thickened. Pour in half and half and stir until gravy forms.
Add dried parsley, fresh lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well, then garnish dish with sliced lemons and more dried parsley.
3 Reasons You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick and Easy
- Uses Ingredients in your Pantry
What Should I Serve With This Dish?
I also like to pair this meal with a refreshing cocktail like my Coconut Mojito. Together, they remind me of carefree summer days.
More Skillet Meals to Love
- Cheesy Skillet Spaghetti
- Jerk Chicken Rice Bowl
- Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
- Crunchy Parmesan Chicken
- Tailgate Meatballs
- Skillet Tomato Galette
Lemon Butter Chicken is a recipe to love. It’s lemony, buttery, and all kinds of yummy. Plus, it comes together in less than 30 minutes!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless chicken tenders
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced for garnish
- Add olive oil to a skillet and set heat on medium.
- Sprinkle chicken tenders with garlic salt & pepper.
- Pan fry the chicken until brown on both sides, (about 10 minutes), turning frequently. Remove from skillet and turn down heat.
- Add butter to skillet with green onions and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle flour into skillet and stir for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and cook until thickened.
- Pour in half and half and stir until thickened.
- Add parsley, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until incorporated.
- Garnish dish with sliced lemons and sprinkle with more parsley.
Serve dish over brown rice, wide egg noodles, or mashed potatoes.
Fresh parsley can be substituted for dried parsley if desired.
- Category: Main Dish Skillet Meals
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon butter chicken, lemon, butter, chicken, skillet, main dish, savory,
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe. Please leave me a comment and *STAR* rating below…