Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken is lemony, buttery, and friendly on the budget. Get dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes with this easy chicken dish that’s loaded with lemon flavor!
Reasons You’ll Love This Dish
- quick and easy recipe
- uses ingredients in your pantry
- the creamy lemon butter sauce is so flavorful!
It’s a one pan Creamy Lemon Chicken recipe that comes together quickly and cooks in a flash!
Clean up is also a snap since everything is made in one skillet.
This savory lemon butter chicken recipe is delicious enough to make your lips smack together, yet fancy enough to serve on special occasions. It’s a favorite one-skillet meal!
With just a few simple ingredients that you already have in your refrigerator or pantry, you can make a delightful chicken dinner with lemon sauce that the entire family will love!
See recipe card for quantities.
- olive oil
- boneless skinless chicken tenders
- garlic salt, black pepper, minced garlic, dried parsley
- unsalted butter
- fresh garlic
- green onions
- all purpose flour
- chicken broth (or chicken stock)
- half & half or heavy cream
- fresh lemon juice
- lemon slices for garnish
- teaspoon of lemon zest (optional)
How to Make Lemon Butter Chicken
Add olive oil to a skillet and set on medium heat. Sprinkle chicken tenders with garlic salt and pepper. Add tenders to the skillet and brown on both sides, turning frequently until cooked throughout and golden brown.
Remove the juicy chicken from the skillet and keep warm. Turn down heat, then add tablespoons butter with green onions and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute.
Sprinkle flour into skillet and stir for 1 more minute. Add chicken broth and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until thickened. Pour in half and half and stir until gravy forms.
Add dried parsley, fresh lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well, then garnish dish with sliced lemons and more dried parsley to make a delicious sauce that will be a new family favorite!
Spoon sauce over chicken for the perfect meal! It’s great for busy weeknights or Sunday dinners at home.
What Should I Serve With This Dish?
Try pairing it with Sun-dried Tomato Orzo Pasta for a delicious recipe you’ll want to serve over and over again.
This creamy lemon butter sauce is made totally from scratch, but it couldn’t be more simple. It’s made with fresh lemon juice, drippings from the skillet, garlic, chicken broth, cream and spices.
If you need to change the cooking process, you can bake the chicken in a 350 degree oven in a baking dish while you make the pan sauce on the stove. Make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. But, browning the chicken in a skillet gives depth and flavor to the sauce so it’s best to cook as directed.
More Easy Skillet Meals
Love making quick and easy meals in a cast iron skillet? Try these other ideas…
- Cheesy Skillet Spaghetti
- Jerk Chicken Rice Bowl
- Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
- Crunchy Parmesan Chicken
- Tailgate Meatballs
Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless chicken tenders
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup half & half
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon sliced for garnish
- Add olive oil to a skillet and set heat on medium.
- Sprinkle chicken tenders with garlic salt & pepper.
- Pan fry the chicken until brown on both sides, (about 10 minutes), turning frequently. Remove from skillet and turn down heat.
- Add butter to skillet with green onions and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle flour into skillet and stir for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and cook until thickened.
- Pour in half and half and stir until thickened.
- Add parsley, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until incorporated.
- Garnish dish with sliced lemons and sprinkle with more parsley.
- Serve dish over brown rice, wide egg noodles, or mashed potatoes.
- Fresh parsley can be substituted for dried parsley if desired.
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.
Sharing is Caring! If you love my recipes, please SHARE with friends!