Cheesy Skillet Spaghetti is a one-pan meal with prep and easy clean up happening in the same skillet. It’s cheesy, full of flavor, and oh…so good!
What’s Special About This Recipe
I always laughed when my Kindergarten students said “Pasghetti” as they placed their orders in the cafeteria. Now, I find myself doing the same thing.
What goes around, comes around as they say.
There’s nothing funny about this skillet meal. It’s all business. I started making it one night when my hubby told me he liked my spaghetti better the next day. What? The next day? “Yes, honey…the next day when you put the leftovers in the oven and bake it with cheese.”
Oh. Okay. I aim to please.
That’s when I decided not to wait until the next day to add cheese…and to throw it all together in my cast iron skillet (ad) the first time around. Eureka!
Why You’ll Love This Spaghetti
Cheesy Skillet Spaghetti is a one pan meal, and that’s the best kind when you’re in charge of clean-up….which is another reason why my hubby likes this recipe so much.
You’ll love how easy it is to make, and the smiles you’ll get when your family tastes it for the first time. It also keeps well if you have any leftovers!
How to Make It
I like to use ground turkey to lighten things up, so start by browning the turkey in the skillet (ad) with a few seasonings. Next, add spaghetti sauce straight out of the jar. Then, break up the pasta and boil it for a few minutes until it’s al dente. It gets thrown in the skillet with everything else.
The fun part starts when sharp cheddar cheese gets stirred into the mix. Cheese has a way of taking everything to the next level. Of course, I can’t stop there. Add a sprinkle of mozzarella (just because). Top it with some dried parsley, and dinner is ready!
Here’s a flashback…Momma used to put celery in her spaghetti. Oh, yes she did! She also used tomato soup for the sauce because my Dad liked it that way. I couldn’t wait until I was on my own so I could make it like my friend’s moms did…with certified Italian sauce out of a jar. Sorry, Momma.
I’m still making spaghetti with sauce out of a jar, ’cause I like it that way. How do you like your Pasghetti? Please share by leaving a comment below!
More Pasta Recipes to Love
Here’s some of my other favorite pasta meals…
- Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
- Easy Pesto Pasta
- Roasted Veggie Pasta
- Mango Chicken Pasta
- Lemon Chicken Spaghetti
- Baked Ziti to Go
Cheesy Skillet Spaghetti is a one-pan deal with prep and easy clean up happening in the same skillet. It’s also cheesy, savory, and oh, so good!
- 8 oz. broken spaghetti pasta, cooked & drained
- 1 lb. ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 jar (24 oz) spaghetti sauce (your favorite)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Boil the pasta until al dente, drain and set aside.
- Brown meat in a 12″ cast iron skillet. (ad)
- Add Italian seasoning and stir until completely browned.
- Drain grease from meat if desired, and return meat to skillet.
- Add a jar of spaghetti sauce and mix well.
- Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat, stirring often to avoid scorching.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add drained pasta and cheddar cheese.
- Mix well and cook for 2 to 5 minutes until cheddar cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top.
- Sprinkle parsley over entire dish.
- Serve warm with crusty garlic bread and a salad.
Cheesy Skillet Spaghetti goes great with Rainbow Salad!
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: spaghetti, cheese, skillet, spaghetti sauce, pasta, cheesy spaghetti, skillet meals
Keep In Touch
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe. Please leave a comment and *STAR* rating below…
See Cheesy Skillet Spaghetti featured on Meal Plan Monday!