Rainbow Salad will have you at hello! Not only is it beautiful, it's packed with lots of healthy vegetables you'll be proud to serve.
Why You'll Love This Salad
If Rainbow Salad won't make you eat your veggies, then what will? This salad will definitely get everyone's attention and make you the hit of the party.
Who wouldn't want to dive into this colorful goodness? Hiding beneath the rainbow is a real pot of gold...leafy spring greens. When you toss it all together, this salad makes plain old veggies wilt in astonishment.
Your friends will ask you to bring Rainbow Salad to every event when they see its beauty. But, the greatest gift of all is how easy it is to create. All you do is start chopping and layering.
How To Make It
Any vegetables will do, but the key is to dice them into small bites and line them up in rows to achieve the 'rainbow' effect. You'll need a large bowl to make this happen, and a good amount of vegetables.
I like to use five different types of veggies because it leaves one stripe going down the middle. Your inner artist will definitely come out when you begin 'painting' this masterpiece.
Tomatoes do well in the middle since they're a little heavier than the rest. Start with those, and then work your way out towards the edges with the other vegetables so everything will be even.
Put on your artist smock and go crazy with it! And, when you do, please send me pictures of your beautiful creations.
More Salad Recipes to Love
Enjoy my other delicious salad recipes...
- Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Rock & Roll Chicken Salad
- Strawberry Pecan Salad
- Red Skin Potato Salad
- Toasted Pecan Peach Salad
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- 8 oz. spring mix lettuce
- 2 cups baby carrots diced
- 2 cups cauliflower diced
- 3 cups baby tomatoes
- 2 cups cucumbers diced
- 2 cups mixed sweet peppers diced
- In a large bowl, begin layering by adding spring mix.
- On top of the spring mix, layer diced veggies by lining them up in rows.
- When ready to serve, provide salad tongs for mixing.
- Serve with your favorite choice of dressing.
- Feel free to use other veggies that you like, but five seems to be the magic number.
- Rainbow Salad is the perfect accompaniment to Smoked BBQ Meatloaf.
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.
Sharing is Caring! If you love my recipes, please SHARE with friends!
See this recipe and more of my favs on Foodgawker!