When I think of food that screams ‘summer’, I think of Strawberry Pecan Salad. The coolness of the berries, feta, and mixed greens offsets the heat of the season. Add pecans for crunch, and you’ve got the perfect summer treat!
Strawberry Pecan Salad is a nice accompaniment to grilled chicken, pork tenderloin, or savory filet mignon. It’s also a healthy alternative to heavier sides, and can stand alone as a vegetarian entree.
But, I think my favorite part of this dish is the luscious dressing made from ingredients in the salad itself. A blend of strawberries, pecans and feta with olive oil, vinegar and sugar creates the most delicious salad dressing I’ve ever tasted. Oh my…it’s amazing!
When it’s too hot to cook, it’s the perfect time to eat your fruits and veggies. Enjoy Strawberry Pecan Salad for lunch, dinner, or even brunch! Take this dish to your neighborhood picnic, or serve it alongside your favorite poultry or beef.
Your friends and family will thank you. 🙂Print
Strawberry Pecan salad with berries, feta and greens offsets the heat of summer. Add pecans for crunch, and you’ve got the perfect summer treat!
- 1 head red romaine lettuce
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced (remove caps)
- 1 cup tomato-basil feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 whole strawberries, remove caps
- 1/4 cup tomato-basil feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Wash and dry romaine lettuce, tear into bite size pieces.
- Place lettuce in a large serving bowl and add mixed greens. Toss.
- Slice strawberries and arrange in middle of the bed of lettuce.
- Sprinkle feta on top of strawberries.
- Add pecans to greens on both sides of strawberries.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse all ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle over salad, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Yields 1 cup.
Dressing is creamy and thick. If you prefer a lighter version, omit feta cheese.
If you love this dish, try my Rainbow Salad.
- Category: Salads, Sides
- Method: Toss by Hand
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: strawberry salad, feta cheese, pecans, strawberries, mixed greens, lettuce
See my best recipes on Meal Plan Monday!