Leftover Turkey Bake
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leftover Turkey Bake is made with the leftovers from your last turkey dinner! It's so creamy and delicious, some folks like it better than the original turkey meal.
What's Special About This Recipe?
I don't know about you, but I'm tired of cooking. The holidays are over and all I want to do is snuggle up with my new puppy and take a break. Thank goodness for my Leftover Turkey Bake recipe!
Now that we're recovering from carb-nirvana, the only way to truly get over a holiday feast is to eat leftovers for a few days. Well, I've got the perfect dish. Some say my Leftover Turkey Bake is even better than the real meal!
What is Leftover Turkey Bake?
Leftover Turkey Bake is a delicious skillet meal that starts and ends in one dish. It takes only 5 minutes to throw together...and just 30 minutes to cook. This recipe is as easy as taking leftovers out of your fridge and tossing them into a pan. It's the best thing you'll ever eat after Turkey Day...I promise!
Start by chopping up 2 cups of leftover turkey and adding it to a cast iron skillet. Mix in a carton of sour cream and leftover gravy from Turkey Day. Add a sprinkle of black pepper, a dash of garlic salt, and give it a big stir. Next, crumble leftover dressing (or stuffing) over the top of the turkey mixture and you're done!
Pop that skillet into a 350 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
Leftover Turkey Bake is so creamy and flavorful, you'll fall in love at first bite. It's the ultimate comfort food (which is perfect for the cook in the family who needs a break from cooking!)
I like to serve this one pan skillet meal with leftover Cranberry Pecan Salad and a side of Honey Mustard Brussel Sprouts. But, you can just eat it right out of the pan if you want....'cause you can! You've earned it! Hey...it's leftovers.
Happy Leftover Turkey Day!
- Southern Cornbread Biscuit Dressing
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Vidalia Onion Casserole
- The Best Squash Casserole
- Loaded Hash Brown Casserole
Leftover Turkey Bake
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- 2 cups turkey breast chopped
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 cup turkey gravy (thick)
- dash of cracked black pepper
- dash of garlic salt
- 2 cups Thanksgiving Dressing leftover
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix turkey breast with sour cream and turkey gravy in a 12 inch cast iron skillet.
- Add a dash of cracked pepper and garlic salt. Stir well.
- Crumble leftover Thanksgiving Dressing over turkey mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- The gravy I use is very thick. It's the consistency of cream of chicken soup. If you're using thin gravy, use ½ cup instead of a whole cup, or thicken it with cornstarch before adding to recipe.
- A can of cream of chicken soup can be used instead of turkey gravy. It's the perfect consistency for this recipe if your gravy is too thin.
- Substitute rotisserie chicken for turkey if desired.
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.
Ditto for what Anecia said. And Yummy!! Perfect comfort food for this rainy, cold day.
Wow, thanks Jo! So glad I could help warm you up! 🙂