Creamy Lemon Chicken Spaghetti
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you're a big fan of lemon and chicken combos, you gotta try Creamy Lemon Chicken Spaghetti. The tartness of lemon paired with the smoothness of Alfredo sauce will make you fall in love at first bite!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Creamy Lemon Chicken Spaghetti couldn't be easier to make. It's similar to other chicken pasta recipes, but it has a unique flavor from fresh lemon juice and pesto. It's so good, you'll have a hard time not eating the entire dish in one sitting!
The creamy sauce will have you at HELLO. It's lemony, cheesy, and all-kinds of velvety smooth. Next, there's the combination of pesto with shredded rotisserie chicken that will make your tummy happy. If you want to learn how to make your own pesto, try my easy Basil Pesto Sauce recipe.
And, don't forget about the cheese! Throw in some parmesan, ricotta, and mozzarella for good measure. Sprinkle in a few sun dried tomatoes and pesto. This creamy lemon pasta dish is truly a flavor explosion!
The ingredients for lemon chicken pasta can be easily found in your local grocery store, but I've listed affiliate links so you can see examples.
- spaghetti pasta
- jar of alfredo sauce
- basil pesto
- sun dried tomatoes in oil
- fresh lemon juice
- ricotta cheese
- rotisserie chicken
- parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- dried oregano
See recipe card for quantities.
1 - Break the spaghetti in half and boil in water until al dente. Drain spaghetti and place half of it in the bottom of a greased 6 x 9 inch casserole dish.
2 - Mix alfredo sauce, pesto, sun dried tomatoes, and lemon juice together to make a sauce. Pour half of sauce over spaghetti. Scatter half of shredded chicken over sauce. Sprinkle half of both cheeses on top of chicken. Add ricotta in spoonfuls over the top.
3 - Repeat the steps above to make the second layer.
4 - Sprinkle top of casserole with dried oregano, then bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
Most chicken spaghetti recipes are made with several types of cheese, sauce and pasta. What makes this recipe unique is the addition of lemon and pesto sauce.
Yes, you can freeze this dish for up to 3 months if it is wrapped well and stored in an airtight container. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat at 350 degrees until warmed through. You can also freeze this dish before it has been baked which is the preferred freezing method.
Serve this dish with a mixed green salad and a loaf of crusty bread with extra pesto sauce on the side!
More Chicken Recipes
- Lemon Butter Chicken
- Chicken Fried Steak
- Crunchy Parmesan Chicken
- Jerk Chicken Rice Bowl
- Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Pot Hand Pies
Creamy Lemon Chicken Spaghetti
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- 8 ounces spaghetti cooked and drained
- 1 jar 15 ounces alfredo sauce (ad)
- 2 Tablespoons basil pesto ad
- 2 Tablespoons sun dried tomatoes in oil drained (ad)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice from a lemon
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese can use skim if desired
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese shredded
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Break the spaghetti in half and boil in water until al dente.
- Drain spaghetti and place half of it in the bottom of a 6 x 9 casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix alfredo sauce, pesto, sun dried tomatoes, and lemon juice together to make a sauce.
- Pour half of sauce over spaghetti.
- Scatter half of shredded chicken over sauce.
- Sprinkle half of both cheeses on top of chicken.
- Drop spoonfuls of half the ricotta on top of cheese.
- Repeat steps 2 through 7 to make the second layer.
- Sprinkle top of casserole with dried oregano.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Leftover pasta can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months before or after baking.
- Lemon Chicken Spaghetti was featured on the News!
- View the Google Web Story for Lemon Chicken Spaghetti!
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.
Sharing is Caring! If you love my recipes, please SHARE with friends!
Made this last night, as my first recipe from you. Woke up this morning and told my husband that he was NOT to eat more than his half of the leftovers ;). Amazing taste!
Do you give calorie counts with your recipes? I know this was probably way more than a normal recipe for my family It was a special treat. Thanks
That's awesome Shari! So glad you loved my recipe! I have not installed a nutrition calculator on my blog due to the cost, but you can enter the ingredients in this tool and find out exactly what you're looking for! https://whisk.com/recipe-nutrition-calculator
Great recipe! I like a bit more lemon flavor so I sprinkled a little True Lemon crystals on top when serving….purrrrfect!
So glad to hear you liked the recipe! I'll have to try those lemon crystals sometime.
I work a lot of hours in the car business and my wife is a teacher. I love to cook and I'm off on Tuesday's. I try to have something ready and new for her every Tuesday. Made this and it's fantastic. I diced the sun dried tomatoes for the sauce and then laid a few on top before baking. Highly recommend.
Wow, Mark...you made my day! So glad you liked my Lemon Chicken Spaghetti recipe!