If you’re a big fan of lemon and chicken combos, you gotta try Lemon Chicken Spaghetti. The tartness of lemon paired with the smoothness of Alfredo sauce will make you fall in love at first bite.
And, don’t forget about the cheese! Throw in some parmesan, ricotta, and mozzarella for good measure. Sprinkle in a few sun dried tomatoes and pesto. Okay. All right! Now, we’re talking!
- spaghetti pasta
- jar of alfredo sauce (ad)
- basil pesto (ad)
- sun dried tomatoes in oil (ad)
- lemon juice (ad)
- ricotta cheese
- rotisserie chicken, shredded
- parmesan cheese, shredded
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- dried oregano
Break the spaghetti in half and boil in water until al dente. Drain spaghetti and place half of it in the bottom of a greased 6 x 9 inch casserole dish.
Mix alfredo sauce, pesto, sun dried tomatoes, and lemon juice together to make a sauce. Pour half of sauce over spaghetti. Scatter half of shredded chicken over sauce. Sprinkle half of both cheeses on top of chicken. Add ricotta in spoonfuls over the top.
Repeat the steps above to make the second layer.
Sprinkle top of casserole with dried oregano, then bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Lemon Chicken Spaghetti couldn’t be easier to make. You’ll also have a hard time not eating the entire thing! I mean, it’s one of the most delicious pasta dishes I’ve ever created…and my hubby’s new favorite recipe.
The sauce will have you at HELLO! It’s lemony, cheesy, and all-kinds of velvety smooth. Then, there’s the combination of pesto with shredded chicken that just makes your tummy happy. If you want to make your own pesto, try my easy Basil Pesto Sauce!
Serve this dish with a mixed green salad and a loaf of crusty bread and your family will be kissing you right on the lips. Well, maybe. 🙂
More Chicken Recipes to Love
- Lemon Butter Chicken
- Chicken Fried Steak
- Crunchy Parmesan Chicken
- Jerk Chicken Rice Bowl
- Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Pot Hand Pies
Lemon Chicken Spaghetti will be your new favorite pasta! The tartness of lemon paired with creamy Alfredo sauce will make you fall in love at first bite.
- 8 oz. spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (15 oz) alfredo sauce (ad)
- 2 Tbsp. basil pesto (ad)
- 2 Tbsp. sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained (ad)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice (ad)
- 8 oz. ricotta cheese (can use skim if desired)
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 6 oz. parmesan cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Break the spaghetti in half and boil in water until al dente.
- Drain spaghetti and place half of it in the bottom of a 6 x 9 casserole dish.
- Mix alfredo sauce, pesto, sun dried tomatoes, and lemon juice together to make a sauce.
- Pour half of sauce over spaghetti.
- Scatter half of shredded chicken over sauce.
- Sprinkle half of both cheeses on top of chicken.
- Drop spoonfuls of half the ricotta on top of cheese.
- Repeat steps 2 through 7 to make the second layer.
- Sprinkle top of casserole with dried oregano.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
Leftover pasta can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pasta, lemon, lemon chicken, Italian, spaghetti, alfredo, lemon chicken pasta, main dishes
Keep in Touch…
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe. Please leave a comment and *STAR* rating below…