Looking for a new chicken recipe? Crunchy Parmesan Chicken is full of flavor, and a nice change of pace from regular fried chicken.
The Secret Ingredients
Looking for the crunchiest chicken tenders around? The secret is in the coating!
What could be more yummy than mixing french fried onions together with parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs? The crunchy coating is the stuff that dreams are made of.
What’s the best part? In less than 30 minutes, you’ll have dinner on the table and your family will be begging for more!
How to Make Crunchy Parmesan Chicken
With a potato masher (or a large coffee mug), crush the onions and mix everything together to make the coating.
Beat an egg with a tablespoon of milk to make an egg wash. Now, comes the fun part! Dredge chicken tenderloins in egg wash, then roll each one in the crunchy coating until covered on all sides.
Add chicken to a cast iron skillet (ad) with melted butter. Sear both sides of chicken, and fry over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Once you make this dish, you may never fix chicken the same way again. It’s just that good. Something about the crunchy topping seals in all the juices, so the chicken is as tender as you can imagine. Frying it in butter doesn’t hurt either.
If you have picky eaters in your house, serve them Crunchy Parmesan Chicken and watch the smiles appear. Heck, even if you don’t have picky eaters, the entire gang will be smiling when they bite into this delicious chicken…especially you.
Looking for the perfect sides to go with chicken tenders? Check out What to Serve With Chicken Tenders for the best southern sides around!
More Chicken Dishes
- Lemon Butter Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Patties
- Sheet Pan Chicken
- Chicken Pot Hand Pies
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- No Peek Chicken
- Chicken and Dumplings
- Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
Crunchy Parmesan Chicken
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- Add fried onions, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, paprika, salt and pepper to a large bowl.
- Crush onions with a potato masher (ad) and mix in with other ingredients.
- Beat egg and milk in a separate bowl to make egg wash.
- Dip chicken tenders into egg wash, then dip in crumb mixture to coat all sides with crunchy coating.
- Add butter and olive oil to skillet (ad) and bring to medium heat.
- Add coated chicken to skillet. Fry chicken tenders for 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat, turning frequently until golden brown and crunchy.
- Store leftover chicken tenders in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in oven or air fryer to retain crunch.
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.
Sharing is Caring! If you love my recipes, please SHARE with friends!