My mom loved to celebrate birthdays by throwing a big party. When I was growing up, she hosted the most elaborate events you can imagine. Halloween was one of her favorite holidays. She would have loved making a Goblin Skillet Cookie.
Which reminds me of my 16th birthday…
The Color Orange
On one of the biggest days of my young life, my artistic mother thought it would be a fun idea to invite friends over to paint my pink bedroom an obnoxious shade of orange. While I was out shopping, she sneaked friends into my room, provided huge brushes with paint, and encouraged them to “be as creative as you like.”
Keep in mind my friends were 16 years old when they participated in this act of treason….so you can probably guess what the room looked like when I got home. Paint was dripping everywhere, and the walls looked more like they belonged in an insane asylum than a bedroom.
Instead of being thrilled and excited, I broke into a big puddle of tears. Of course, my mother and friends thought it was hilarious…and laughed hysterically for hours.
Heck, they’re still laughing about it today.
How to Make a Goblin Skillet Cookie
Goblin Skillet Cookie is a fun recipe that includes Ghoul Mix M&M’s (ad), candy eyeballs, and oats added for good measure. It’s a hoot to make because you just throw a bunch of goodies in a cast iron skillet (ad) and hope for the best.
This delicious cookie includes ingredients like oats, flour, salt, baking soda, brown sugar, white sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs, chocolate chips, pecans, M&M’s, and candy eyeballs.
It turns out to be a yummy mess (which bears an uncanny resemblance to my orange bedroom). There are even orange M&M’s which drip down the ice cream. You can’t mess this up!
Decorating the Cookie
Gather the kids around when you make a Goblin Skillet Cookie, ’cause they’ll want to be part of the action! They can help with every step, especially when it’s time to decorate the cookie with candy eyeballs.
After the cookie cools, garnish it with big scoops of vanilla ice cream and make it look like a goblin. Ooooooooooooh!
Have fun on Halloween…and be sure to share this cookie with your goblins, monsters and ghouls! It’s better than painting your teenager’s room a ghastly shade of orange…I promise.
More Holiday Desserts to Love
- Halloween Ice Cream Cups
- Pumpkin Spice Coconut Bark
- Santa’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Bark
- Red, White & Blue Pie
This giant Goblin Skillet Cookie is fun, yummy, and a hit with kids of all ages. It’s the perfect Halloween treat!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans or peanuts (your choice)
- 1 cup M&M’s for cookie dough (I used Ghoul’s Mix)
- 1/4 cup M&M’s for topping
- 1 pkg. candy eyeballs (ad)
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, oats, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixer, add butter, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
- Gradually add eggs to the creamy mixture.
- Gradually add flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips, pecans and M&M’s.
- Spray a 12″ cast iron skillet (ad) with baking spray.
- Spread cookie dough into skillet.
- Decorate top of cookie dough with candy eyeballs (ad) and additional M&M’s.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown, but not too hard.
- Allow cookie to cool for 15 minutes, then garnish with 2 scoops of ice cream. Decorate to look like goblins!
You may need to add extra candy eyeballs (ad) and M&M’s after taking the cookie out of the oven if they were buried by the dough.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie, giant cookie, goblin cookie, monster cookie, skillet cookie, skillet, chocolate chip, m&m’s, dessert, halloween
Keep in Touch
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe. Please leave a comment and *STAR* rating below…