Don’t you just love patriotic holidays? America has lots of holidays that call for a celebration like Memorial Day, Veteran’s Day, and the Fourth of July. I’ve always wanted to make a Red, White and Blue Pie to honor America in a big way. Let’s do it today!
I’m bringing back the pie of my childhood for this recipe…and adding a few extra goodies along the way. Have you ever made a lemon pie with cream cheese and Eagle Brand milk? It’s a vintage southern recipe. Nothing is more yummy than this tart and sweet treat!
What’s in a Red, White and Blue Pie?
- graham cracker crumbs
How to Make It
Red, White and Blue Pie is easy to put together. Start by mixing graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in your favorite pie plate. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the plate and up the sides.
Bake crust in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes while you’re making the pie.
Blend cream cheese with a mixer at high speed until creamy. Add lemon juice and beat on high for at least 3 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix until there are no lumps.
Add blueberries and mix on high for 1 minute until they break up a bit. Add Eagle Brand milk and mix until pie filling is smooth.
Pour filling into cooled crust and decorate as desired.
If you don’t want to make a flag topper, you can always pour a combination of raspberries and blueberries on top and call it a day. But, if your creative side is bursting at the seams, it’s easy to make the flag topping.
Start at the left hand side of the pie and outline the corner with blueberries, then fill it in as shown in the photos.
Make the stripes by starting at the top with raspberries. Make a line of raspberries from left to right, then skip a row and make another line until you get to the bottom of the pie.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s as easy as pie to make. 🙂
- It’s as yummy as it is pretty.
- What a great way to celebrate our patriotic holidays!
Besides the points above, your family and friends will be very impressed with your creativity. Be sure to take a picture before they gobble it up!
More Pies to Love
- Strawberry Margarita Ice Box Pie
- Mocha Latte Ice Cream Pie
- Sweet Peach Tart
- Blueberry Peach Cobbler
- Peach Hand Pies
Celebrate the Red, White and Blue with this cool pie that will bring out your patriotic side! It’s all about the American Flag when you serve this yummy dessert.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 (8 oz) blocks of full fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (ad)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand milk (ad)
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 pints raspberries
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in your favorite pie plate.
- Press crumbs into bottom of the plate and up the sides with your fingers.
- Bake crust in oven for 10 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes while making the pie filling.
- Blend cream cheese with a mixer a high speed until creamy.
- Add lemon juice and beat on high for a least 3 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix until there are no lumps.
- Add blueberries and mix on high for 1 minute until they break up.
- Add Eagle Brand milk and mix until pie filling is smooth.
- Pour filling into cooled crust and decorate top as desired with extra blueberries and raspberries.
Refrigerate pie for at least 2 hours to set.
If decorating top of pie with a flag, start in the left hand corner and outline a section with blueberries. Fill in the corner, then start at the top making stripes with raspberries until you get to the bottom.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: red white and blue pie, patriotic pie, lemon blueberry pie, America, American pie, Memorial Day, Veteran’s Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day
A Few More Things…
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe. Please leave a comment and *STAR* rating below…