Can you say Mocha Latte three times fast? For the life of me, I can’t do it. But, if you asked me to eat a piece of Mocha Latte Ice Cream Pie three times fast…I bet I could give it a go. 🙂
Okay, I’m not kidding here…this frozen pie is swoon-worthy. It’s definitely date-night worthy. Heck, I can’t think of any night it wouldn’t be worthy. It’s just that good.
How to Make Mocha Latte Ice Cream Pie
To make this bad boy, you need a box of brownie mix, chocolate shell syrup, coffee ice cream, and toasted pecans. I toast the pecans and add a little salt for the perfect flavor. This step makes a big difference!
Use your favorite brownie mix to make life easier. I use Ghriardelli Double Chocolate (ad) brownie mix because it’s delicious and foolproof. Here’s another tip: bake it for only 30 minutes so it will still be soft and freeze well. Otherwise, the brownie might be too hard to cut while frozen.
After the brownie bakes in a deep dish pie plate, spread softened ice cream on top. If you can’t find coffee ice cream in your grocery store, any flavor will do. However, the coffee flavor makes this pie a Mocha Latte. Sprinkle it with toasted pecans, then swirl chocolate shell syrup on top.
Pop it in the freezer for 1 hour and you’re ready to serve my amazing Mocha Latte Ice Cream Pie!
How to Make Whipped Cream
But, wait…there’s more. What’s a Mocha Latte without whipped cream? I’m not talking about the kind you get out of a can. I’m talkin’ bout the homemade vanilla whipped cream that makes this pie stand above the rest.
To make whipped cream, simply pour heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl. Beat with mixer for 3 to 5 minutes until soft peaks form.
Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip until smooth. Serve a dollop of whipped cream on top of each slice of pie. Top with a cherry if you wish!
Why You’ll Love This Pie
Fortunately, the neighbors are my guinea pigs. They don’t seem to mind. I invited them over for a taste test, and they gave this pie their overwhelming stamp of approval!
They loved the toasted pecan topping and the fudge brownie crust. And, the mocha coffee ice cream was a nice surprise. This pie is perfect for just about any occasion…including birthdays! It would make an awesome birthday cake.
Summer’s winding down…so help stop the madness! Make this Mocha Latte Ice Cream Pie in memory of sweltering heat…and nights in front of the fan.
More Desserts to Love
- Strawberry Margarita Icebox Pie
- Vintage Strawberry Cake
- Raspberry Slab Cheesecake
- Mini Strawberry Shortcakes
- Sweet Peach Tart
Mocha Latte Ice Cream Pie starts with a delicious brownie crust, followed by coffee ice cream, then topped with chocolate syrup and toasted pecans. Have mercy!
- 1 box (18 oz) brownie mix. I use Ghriardelli Double Chocolate. (ad)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 gallon coffee ice cream
- 1 bottle (7.25 oz) chocolate shell syrup (I used Hershey’s)
- 8 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Stir brownie mix together with egg, oil and water (as directed on box) and pour into a greased 9″ deep dish pie plate.
- Bake at 325 degrees for just 30 minutes. (baking longer will make it too hard to cut)
- Take out of oven and let cool for at least 1 hour.
- While brownie is cooling, mix pecans with melted butter and bake in 325 degree oven for 10 minutes to toast them.
- Take pecans out of oven and allow to cool. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Take ice cream out of freezer and let soften until spreadable, but not melted.
- Spread ice cream on top of cooled brownie in pie plate.
- Top ice cream with toasted pecans.
- Swirl entire pie with chocolate shell syrup.
- Freeze pie for 1 hour before serving.
- Allow pie to sit for a 5 minutes out of freezer before slicing.
- Pour whipping cream into a mixing bowl.
- Beat with mixer for 3 to 5 minutes until soft peaks form.
- Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Whip until smooth.
- Serve a dollop of whipped cream on top of each slice of pie.
Let pie thaw for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake & Freeze
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: frozen chocolate pie, mocha latte, pie, chocolate, mocha latte ice cream pie, dessert, ice cream
Keep in Touch
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe. Please leave a comment and *STAR* rating below…