Mocha Latte Ice Cream Pie starts with a fudgy brownie crust, followed by coffee ice cream, chocolate syrup and toasted pecans. It's topped with homemade whipped cream to create the best slice of frozen pie you've ever tasted!
Why You'll Love This Pie
Can you say Mocha Latte three times fast? For the life of me, I can't do it. But, if you asked me to eat a piece of Mocha Latte Ice Cream Pie three times fast...I bet I could give it a go.
Okay, I'm not kidding here...this frozen chocolate pie is swoon-worthy. It's definitely date-night worthy. Heck, I can't think of any night it wouldn't be worthy. It's just that good.
If you're looking for a dessert that's perfect for any occasion, this is it! I've made it for birthdays, anniversaries and girl's night out. The coffee flavored ice cream is a nice surprise, and folks love the combination of toasted pecans and chocolate shell syrup on top.
With less than 10 ingredients, this frozen ice cream pie recipe will be on your list of summer treats to make often! Quantities are listed in the recipe card.
- brownie mix
- coffee ice cream
- chocolate shell syrup
- heavy whipping cream
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
1 - To make Mocha Latte Ice Cream Pie, all you need is a box of brownie mix, chocolate shell syrup, coffee ice cream, and toasted pecans. I toast the pecans and add a little salt for the perfect flavor. This step makes a big difference!
2 - Use your favorite brownie mix to make prep easier. I use Ghriardelli Double Chocolate (ad) brownie mix because it's delicious and foolproof.
3 - After the brownie bakes for 30 minutes, let it cool for about 1 hour. Next, spread softened ice cream on top. If you can't find coffee ice cream in your grocery store, any flavor will do. However, the coffee flavor makes this pie a mocha latte. Sprinkle it with toasted pecans, then swirl chocolate shell syrup on top.
4 - Pop it in the freezer for 1 hour and you're ready to serve this amazing Mocha Latte Ice Cream Pie to family and friends!
How to Make Whipped Cream
What's a Mocha Latte without whipped cream? I'm not talking about the kind you get out of a can. I'm talkin' bout the homemade vanilla whipped cream that makes this pie stand above the rest.
To make whipped cream, simply pour heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl. Beat with mixer for 3 to 5 minutes until soft peaks form. Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip until smooth. Serve a dollop of whipped cream on top of each slice of pie. Top with a cherry if you wish!
Bake it for only 30 minutes so it will stay soft and freeze well. Otherwise the brownie might be too hard to cut while frozen.
If you don't like coffee, vanilla ice cream works well in this recipe too. You'll lose the 'mocha' flavor, but it will still taste amazing.
It's easy to toast pecans. Just mix with melted butter and sprinkle on a sheet pan. Bake in a 325 degree oven for about 5 minutes. Watch closely to make sure they don't burn. Sprinkle with salt and cool before using.
- Only bake the brownie crust for 30 minutes to make sure it stays fudgy after freezing.
- Store leftovers (if any) in an airtight container.
- Allow pie to thaw for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Watch pecans carefully while toasting to make sure they don't burn.
- Strawberry Margarita Icebox Pie
- Vintage Strawberry Cake
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
- Mini Strawberry Shortcakes
- Homemade Peach Ice Cream
Mocha Latte Ice Cream Pie
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- 1 box 18 oz brownie mix. I use Ghriardelli Double Chocolate. (ad)
- egg oil and water as directed on the brownie box
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ gallon coffee ice cream
- ½ bottle 7.25 oz chocolate shell syrup (I used Hershey's)
- 8 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Stir brownie mix together with egg, oil and water (as directed on box) and pour into a greased 9" deep dish pie plate.
- Bake at 325 degrees for just 30 minutes. (baking longer will make it too hard to cut)
- Take out of oven and let cool for at least 1 hour.
- While brownie is cooling, mix pecans with melted butter and bake in 325 degree oven for 5 minutes to toast them.
- Take pecans out of oven and allow to cool. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Take ice cream out of freezer and let soften until spreadable, but not melted.
- Spread ice cream on top of cooled brownie in pie plate.
- Top ice cream with toasted pecans.
- Swirl entire pie with chocolate shell syrup.
- Freeze pie for 1 hour before serving.
- Allow pie to sit for a 5 minutes out of freezer before slicing.
- Pour whipping cream into a mixing bowl.
- Beat with mixer for 3 to 5 minutes until soft peaks form.
- Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Whip until smooth.
- Serve a dollop of whipped cream on top of each slice of pie.
- Let pie thaw for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Watch pecans while baking to make sure they don't burn.
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.