Peach Hand Pies are sweet, flaky, and all kinds of yummy. They’re little pies you can hold in your hand that offer big bites of fresh peach flavor.
Lessons in Baking
First lesson today: if you buy a basket of peaches, you gotta make a lot of peach stuff. Why not try Peach Hand Pies? They’re easy if you use refrigerated pie crusts. My favorite crusts are from Trader Joe’s, because they’re made with butter instead of lard.
I’m not much of a baker because it requires exact measurements. I’m more of a by guess and by golly girl, which is how my grandmothers taught me to cook years ago. However, a little of this and a little of that doesn’t go over well when you’re trying to bake a cake.
So, when I had a basket of peaches to work with, I thought of how I could use them without wearing myself out. Yay for pre-made pie crusts!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- peach or apricot preserves
- refrigerated pie crusts
- heavy cream
- sugar for dusting
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Peach Hand Pies
Start by rolling the dough out and cutting circles with a wide-rimmed coffee cup. Next, add two tablespoons of peaches mixed with preserves into the middle of each circle. Close the circle with another one and press the edges together with a fork.
After baking the pies for 20 minutes, mine looked kinda ugly before I trimmed them and put them in a basket. In fact, I was afraid to show you the picture, but decided you needed to see the good, the bad…and the ugly. After all, nobody’s perfect.
The peach juice oozed out and made a black, crusty mess. But, the good news is, I was able to trim them with a sharp knife after they cooled and they turned out great!
Second lesson today: Just when you think all is lost, there’s a way to make things better again. Who knew making Peach Hand Pies would teach me two valuable lessons?
Here’s the best news of all. These little pies are delicious. They’re buttery, flaky, and PEACHY-KEEN! All you need is a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, and you’ll be in dessert heaven!
More Peach Recipes to Love
For more yummy peach recipes, try these special treats…
- Blueberry Peach Cobbler
- Toasted Pecan Peach Salad
- 3 Ingredient Peach Pie
- Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler
- Homemade Peach Ice Cream
Peach Hand Pies
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- 2 peaches peeled and diced
- ½ cup peach or apricot preserves
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts thawed
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel peaches and dice. Place in bowl.
- Add preserves and mix well. Set aside.
- With rolling pin, roll pie crusts and cut out 3.5" circles with a cookie cutter or wide-rimmed cup.
- Gather dough scraps and continue to roll out and cut circles until you have 24.
- Place parchment paper on 2 cookie sheets.
- Put 6 circles of dough on each sheet (total of 12).
- Spoon 2 Tbsp. of peach mixture in the middle of each circle of dough.
- Cover each circle with another circle of dough.
- Crimp edges of mini-pies with a fork.
- Cut a small X in the middle of each pie to allow steam to vent.
- Brush tops of hand-pies with cream, then dust with sugar.
- Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm hand pies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a real treat!
- Make sure you use parchment paper to line the sheet pans because the juices will escape.
- If juices create a ring around pies, let cool and trim with a sharp knife before serving.
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.
Keep in Touch…
Sharing is Caring! If you love my recipes, please SHARE with friends!