Get ready for the the ‘oohs and ahhhs’ you’ll receive when you serve Halloween Ice Cream Cups for Halloween. They’ll make you feel like the best mom (or grandma) on the block!
This special treat is also great for classroom parties. Even if you don’t have a creative bone in your body, you can make these cute little cups for your kiddos with a little effort. Or better yet, let the kids decorate their own ice cream cup to enjoy. Sounds like a fun party to me! 🙂
LET’S GET COOKING!
Gather the supplies you’ll need ahead of time and this project will go off without a hitch. Start by choosing the cookies you’ll use to create the monsters. I used chocolate mint filled creme cookies and Nutter Butters. You’ll also need white candy coating.
While you’re at the store, pick up two kinds of ice cream your family loves and crystal plastic cups. I chose mint chocolate chip and vanilla, but you can use whatever you like. You’ll also need a tube of black decorating gel and various shapes of candy eyes. Purchase a tube of Halloween sprinkles too.
Now, you’re ready to start making monsters and ghosts!
Melt candy coating in the microwave in 30 second intervals until completely melted. Stir after each 30 seconds. Dip 6 Nutter Butter cookies half way into candy coating. Place on a wire rack to cool. After 2 minutes, add candy eyes and allow to set. Now, you have little ghosts!
Put a little black gel on the top of 6 chocolate creme cookies and add a large candy eye to the top. The gel will hold the eye in place. Place on wire rack to harden. These are your silly monsters!
Scoop vanilla ice cream into 6 plastic cups and chocolate mint into the other 6 plastic cups. Insert a ghost (after it has cooled) into cups with vanilla ice cream. Insert a monster into cups with chocolate mint ice cream.
Decorate the vanilla ghost cups with Halloween sprinkles, and crush mint chocolate cookies to decorate the monster cups. Insert a halloween pick into the cups, and put them in muffin tins for easy transport. Pop the ice cream cups into the freezer until ready to serve.
Halloween Ice Cream Cups will help make memories that will last a lifetime. Enjoy creating them with your little goblins this season!Print
Halloween Ice Cream Cups will get the party started! They’re the perfect treat for Halloween fun!
- 12 plastic crystal cups (9 oz. size)
- 1 pkg. white candy coating
- 1 pkg. Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 pkg. chocolate mint creme cookies
- 1 pkg. assorted candy eyes
- 1 tube black decorating gel
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 gallon chocolate mint ice cream
- 1 tube Halloween sprinkles
- 2 cups chocolate mint cookie crumbles (smashed from leftover cookies)
- Halloween picks (optional)
- Melt 3 cubes of white candy coating in 30 second intervals until melted completely. Stir frequently.
- Dip 6 Nutter Butter cookies halfway into vanilla candy coating. Cool upright on wire racks. After coating sets slightly, place 2 small eyes onto each cookie. Allow ghosts to cool completely.
- Dab black decorating gel on top of 6 chocolate mint creme cookies and insert large candy eye on top. Allow monsters to set on wire rack.
- Scoop large scoops of vanilla ice cream into 6 plastic cups. Insert ghosts into top of ice cream until bottom half is covered. Decorate ice cream cups with Halloween sprinkles.
- Scoop large scoops of chocolate mint ice cream into 6 plastic cups. Insert monsters into top of ice cream. Decorate ice cream cups with crumbled chocolate mint cookies.
- Insert Halloween picks into cups if desired. Place in muffin tins for easy transport and freeze until ready to serve.
Feel free to substitute different types of ice cream if desired.
Halloween Ice Cream Cups can be frozen up to 1 day in advance of party.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: By Hand
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: halloween, ice cream cups, ice cream, halloween sprinkles, monster, goblins, ghosts, trick or treat