My son absolutely loves pumpkin. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin candy…you name it. So when the pumpkin craze hits the stores every year, I always think of him.
This year, I’m on top of the pumpkin spice mania with my own version of yumminess called Pumpkin Spice Coconut Bark.
If you’ve never made bark candy before, you’re in for a treat. It couldn’t be easier to throw together…and you can’t mess it up! In as little as 20 minutes, you’ve got a delicious treat ready to share with friends…or enjoy all by yourself. 🙂 After all, you’ve earned it!
To make Pumpkin Spice Coconut Bark, start with a bag of white chocolate chips. Microwave the chips in a large glass bowl for one minute intervals until creamy. Now, you’re ready to have some fun!
Add shredded coconut to the creamy white chocolate with a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. Stir well, then spread on a sheet pan layered with parchment paper.
While the white chocolate is still warm, sprinkle sliced almonds and more coconut on top. Press into the white chocolate with the back of a spoon. Let the entire sheet of candy cool for 10 minutes until hardened. Dust candy with more pumpkin pie spice for the final touch.
If you’ve ever been one of those people who love to break things into pieces, you’re gonna love the next step. Just crack the bark candy into any size you want. Throw it around on the table…and dessert is served.
This is a great recipe to make with kids because they can be as creative as they wish. Try throwing dried fruits on top like apricots or cranberries. I went for simple pumpkin flavor ’cause this batch is going straight to my pumpkin-loving son as soon as possible. 🙂
Happy Pumpkin Spice season!Print
Pumpkin Spice Coconut Bark is the perfect treat to make with kids of all ages. It’s easy, quick…and absolutely YUM!
- Microwave white chocolate chips in a glass dish in 1 minute intervals until creamy. (It usually takes a total of 3 minutes to melt all the chips.)
- Stir after each minute until chips are completely melted.
- Mix well with spoon, then add pumpkin pie spice. Stir.
- Stir in 1/2 of the coconut flakes and reserve the other half for topping.
- Spread the warm candy mixture onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper until it is 1/4 inch thick.
- While candy is still warm, sprinkle the rest of the coconut on top and sprinkle with almonds.
- Press coconut and almonds into the candy with the back of a large spoon.
- Dust the candy with more pumpkin spice.
- Allow candy to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Break candy apart in pieces. Store in an airtight container in a cool location, but do not keep in the refrigerator.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Mix by Hand
Keywords: pumpkin spice, pumpkin candy, pumpkin bark, pumpkin spice coconut bark, coconut, almonds, candy
View Pumpkin Spice Coconut Bark on Meal Plan Monday!