Pumpkin Spice Coconut Bark is made with white chocolate, pumpkin spice, coconut, and sliced almonds. If you're a pumpkin spice lover, this candy will make your day!
What's Special About This Candy?
If you've never made bark candy before, you're in for a treat. It couldn't be easier to throw together...and you can't mess it up! In as little as 20 minutes, you've got a delicious dessert ready to share with friends...or enjoy all by yourself.
Pumpkin Spice Coconut Bark is a unique twist on old fashioned candy bark. There are many ways you can make it your own by adding everything from different spices to fruits, nuts and crushed candy.
Only 4 ingredients are needed for this amazing candy treat! See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make It
1 - Start with a bag of white chocolate chips. (ad) Microwave the chips in a large glass bowl at 30 second intervals until creamy. Stir between each 30 seconds, being careful that it doesn't burn. Now, you're ready to have some fun!
2 - Add shredded coconut to the creamy white chocolate with a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. (ad) Stir well, then spread the warm candy on a sheet pan layered with parchment paper. It should be about ¼ inch thick.
3 - While the white chocolate is still warm, sprinkle sliced almonds and more coconut on top. Press into the white chocolate with the back of a spoon. Let the entire sheet of candy cool for 10 minutes until hardened. Dust candy with more pumpkin pie spice for the final touch.
I've tested this candy recipe many times and didn't add anything to make the candy harden. If you use white chocolate chips it should work perfectly. If you want to add a teaspoon of coconut oil, that would add a little flavor and help harden the bark as well.
Wrap leftover bark in plastic or place it in an air tight container. Store it in a cool, dry place for up to 1 week. If it gets warm, it will melt.
Absolutely! Pumpkin pie spice is mostly made from cinnamon anyway. But, cinnamon is much stronger, so use just a little and taste it before you add more.
If you've ever been one of those people who love to break things into pieces, you're gonna love serving this candy. Just crack the bark into any size you want. Scatter it around, and dessert is served!
This is a great recipe to make with kids because they can be as creative as they wish. Try throwing dried fruits on top like apricots or cranberries. You can leave out the nuts, or throw in some crushed chocolate pieces for a different twist.
It's also nice to stack pumpkin spice bark in a little bag tied with string and give it as a hostess gift at your next party.
Happy Pumpkin Spice season!
More Spiced Desserts
Pumpkin spice is all the rage in the fall! Pumpkin pie, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin candy...you name it. So when the pumpkin craze hits the stores every year, it's good to be prepared!
The minute autumn breezes begin to blow, it's time to break out the cinnamon and pumpkin spices! Here are a few desserts to help....
- Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake
- Loaded Carrot Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Bread
- Chocolate Brioche Bread Pudding
- Fresh Apple Cake
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
Pumpkin Spice Coconut Bark
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- Microwave white chocolate chips in a glass dish at 30 second intervals until creamy. (It usually takes a total of 2 to 3 minutes to melt all the chips depending on your microwave.)
- Stir after each 30 seconds until chips are completely melted. Be careful that it doesn't get too hot and burn!
- Mix well with spoon, then add pumpkin pie spice. Stir.
- Stir in ½ of the coconut flakes and reserve the other half for topping.
- Spread the warm candy mixture onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper until it is ¼ inch thick.
- While candy is still warm, sprinkle the rest of the coconut on top and sprinkle with almonds.
- Press coconut and almonds into the candy with the back of a large spoon.
- Dust the candy with more pumpkin spice.
- Allow candy to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Break candy apart in pieces. Store in an airtight container in a cool location, but do not keep in the refrigerator.
- Take extra care when using microwave to melt the white chocolate chips.
- Since all microwaves are different, be sure to check after 30 second intervals to prevent burning.
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.