Salted Caramel Sticky Buns are rolled in cinnamon sugar, slathered in rich caramel sauce, then finished with a dusting of sea salt. Need I say more?
Why These Buns Are Special
There’s no diet I’m aware of that includes ooey, gooey Salted Caramel Sticky Buns on the menu. So, I’m giving you fair warning to proceed with caution.
I’ve been craving sticky cinnamon buns for a while now, but wanted to make my own version of their yummy goodness. Don’t get me wrong, I still used a crescent roll sheet for the base, but the rest was an experiment of sorts.
I’ll admit…I might have gotten carried away with the glaze (haha). But, boy, oh boy…if you like your sticky buns with their glaze running over, this recipe is for you!
How to Make Salted Caramel Sticky Buns
Start by rolling out a sheet of crescent dough. Brush it with butter, then sprinkle cinnamon on top. Next comes the brown sugar. Now, you’re ready to roll it into one long piece. I started at the short end and rolled to the right.
Pinch the sides together and cut the roll into 8 pieces. Place the buns in a greased pie plate and bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes until slightly brown on top.
What You’ll Love About This Recipe
When these sticky buns pop out of the oven, the entire family will come running. The best part is when you drench them in salted caramel glaze. That’s what makes them sticky!
Let the buns sit for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a plate or parchment paper. Drizzle with more glaze and dust with sea salt. Get ready to start smacking hands ’cause people will be grabbing! 🙂
More Breakfast Recipes to Love
- Sausage Cheese Bake
- Blackberry Cheese Danish
- Ham & Egg Brunch Bake
- Best Ever Blueberry Muffins
- Cat Head Biscuits with Herbed Bacon Gravy
When Salted Caramel Sticky Buns pop out of the oven, the entire family will come running. The best part is when you drench them in salted caramel glaze.
- 1 roll Pillsbury crescent dough sheet
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
SALTED CARAMEL GLAZE
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. milk (may need more if glaze is too thick)
- 2 Tbsp. caramel sauce (found in ice cream section)
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll dough sheet out onto parchment paper.
- Brush dough sheet with melted butter. Reserve rest of butter for later.
- Sprinkle entire dough sheet with cinnamon.
- Sprinkle entire dough sheet with brown sugar.
- Drizzle the rest of butter over entire dough sheet.
- Starting at the short side, roll dough into one long roll. Pinch edges to seal.
- Cut dough into 8 equal pieces with a sharp knife.
- Place pieces into a greased pie plate.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes until firm to the touch, but still soft inside.
SALTED CARAMEL GLAZE
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl except sea salt.
- Drench buns with glaze when they come out of the oven. (Reserve some glaze for drizzle)
- Allow buns to sit for 10 minutes.
- Transfer buns to parchment paper and drizzle lightly with remaining glaze.
- Dust buns with sea salt and serve!
The longer these sticky buns sit, the better they taste. 🙂
- Category: Brunch, Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sticky buns, cinnamon rolls, salted caramel, breakfast, brunch, dessert
Keep in Touch
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe. Please leave a comment and *STAR* rating below…