Lemon Butter Asparagus is so yummy and versatile, it pairs well with just about any entree you can dream up. You won't mind eating your veggies when you taste this delicious recipe!
What's Special About Asparagus?
Oooooh. Lemon Butter Asparagus. Sign me up! Just looking at these bright green stalks of goodness makes me happy. The tangy flavor of the lemon blends nicely with this popular veggie, and calms it down just a bit.
Did your Momma ever boil asparagus until it turned into a distant cousin of seaweed? I think my Mom tried it once and Dad stopped it from being served forever. My hubby still turns up his nose at this fine vegetable for that very reason.
But, asparagus is very good for you! It has tons of vitamins like A, C and K. Plus, it has lots of fiber and minerals that make it a low calorie treat.
Why Roast on a Sheet Pan?
I don't know when it happened, but someone passed down the trick to roast or grill these beautiful stalks for just a few minutes on a sheet pan and WOW...asparagus took on a whole new life. It stays crispy and delicious.
Now, it's one of the easiest sides to get on the table in a hurry. Plus, it packs a ton of flavor when you add all of the good seasonings I throw in there.
It's pretty too...don't ya think?
How to Choose The Best Stalks
So, here's the skinny. When you're looking for the most tender stalks of asparagus, go for the skinniest ones. Those thicker ones can be tough.
The skinny ones are easier to cut through with a fork, which makes it nicer for your guests or loved ones. We want them to be happy, don't we?
How to Make It
All you need for this recipe is a pound of asparagus, a couple of lemons, fresh garlic, sea salt, butter and steak seasoning. Yep, I said steak seasoning. It's a secret ingredient that has the perfect blend of garlic and pepper.
Wash and trim the ends of the asparagus, then spread out on a baking sheet.
Whether you grill it or pop it in the oven, I promise you'll be amazed by this fresh asparagus recipe. Just be sure to trim the ends before you place it on the pan. Then drizzle it with all of the ingredients and roast it at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes until tender, but still green.
Asparagus has many health benefits which includes an aiding digestion, weight loss benefits and lowering blood pressure according to heathline.com.
The woody part at the bottom of asparagus is too tough to eat. That's why it's important to trim the stalks before cooking. Make sure you cut the ends off instead of snapping or you'll take too much of the stalk away!
Lemon Butter Asparagus
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- ½ stick butter melted
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- 2 lemons
- 1 sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 sprinkle of steak seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and trim the ends from the asparagus, then spread out on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter and garlic together.
- Drizzle butter mixture over asparagus and mix in with hands.
- Cut one lemon in half and squeeze juice over asparagus.
- Rearrange asparagus on baking sheet in a pretty fanned shape.
- Slice the remaining lemon and place on top.
- Sprinkle sea salt and steak seasoning over asparagus until lightly dusted.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes, until just tender, but still crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve directly from baking sheet, or transfer to another dish.
- A sprinkle of sea salt and steak seasoning is just enough to lightly dust all of the asparagus.
- Choose the smallest stalks of asparagus you can find, so the cooking time will be less and the asparagus will be more tender.
- You can also grill the asparagus using the same method as above. Grill until veggies are tender, but still crisp.
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.
Sharing is Caring! If you love my recipes, please SHARE with friends!