Ooooooh. Lemon Butter Asparagus. Sign me up! Just looking at these bright green stalks of goodness makes me happy. The tangy flavor of the lemon blends nicely with this popular veggie, and calms it down just a bit.
Did your Momma ever boil asparagus until it turned into a distant cousin of seaweed? I think my Mom tried it once and Dad stopped it from being served forever. My hubby still turns up his nose at this fine vegetable for that very reason.
I don’t know when it happened, but someone passed down the trick to roast or grill these beautiful stalks for just a few minutes and WOW…asparagus took on a whole new life. Now, it’s one of the easiest sides to get on the table in a hurry. Plus, it packs a ton of flavor when you add all of the good seasonings I throw in there.
It’s pretty too…don’t ya think?
I like to serve this dish with a nice salmon on the grill. It’s also the perfect accompaniment to an Easter ham or hearty filet mignon.
So, here’s the skinny. When you’re looking for the most tender stalks of asparagus, go for the skinniest ones. Those thicker ones can be tough. The skinny ones are easier to cut through with a fork, which makes it nicer for your guests or loved ones. We want them to be happy, don’t we? 🙂
All you need for this recipe is a pound of asparagus, a couple of lemons, fresh garlic, sea salt, butter and steak seasoning. Yep, I said steak seasoning. It’s a secret ingredient of sorts. Whether you grill it or pop it in the oven, I promise you’ll be amazed by asparagus treated this way.Print
Tangy and bold, this asparagus dish will have your guests saying ‘ooooh’ and ‘ahhhh’ and begging for more.
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 lemons
- 1 sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 sprinkle of steak seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and trim the ends from the asparagus, then spread out on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter and garlic together.
- Drizzle butter mixture over asparagus and mix in with hands.
- Cut one lemon in half and squeeze juice over asparagus.
- Rearrange asparagus on baking sheet in a pretty fanned shape.
- Slice the remaining lemon and place on top.
- Sprinkle sea salt and steak seasoning over asparagus until lightly dusted.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes, until just tender, but still crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve directly from baking sheet, or transfer to another dish.
A sprinkle of sea salt and steak seasoning is just enough to lightly dust all of the asparagus.
Choose the smallest stalks of asparagus you can find, so the cooking time will be less and the asparagus will be more tender.
You can also grill the asparagus using the same method as above. Grill until veggies are tender, but still crisp.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: asparagus, lemon, butter, garlic, veggies, vegetables, gluten free, keto, vegetarian
View Lemon Butter Asparagus on Meal Plan Monday!