Honey Mustard Brussels Sprouts taste too good to be true. They’re seasoned with honey mustard and fried to perfection!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
I’m gonna make a disclaimer about these Honey Mustard Brussels Sprouts before I go any further. They’re BEYOND GOOD…and they’re FRIED.
I know. I’m taking a perfectly fine vegetable and frying it. But, what’s a southern girl to do? Make FRIED Brussels Sprouts…that’s what!
You could bake these if you’re being good, but I don’t want to. I’m pulling out the sass here and taking one for the team! Come along with me if you dare.
How To Prepare Brussels Sprouts
You’ll need a cast iron skillet …or one that holds the heat and puts a nice char on the sprouts.
Start out by prepping the sprouts. Trim the end where the stem is and pull off the top leaf. Cut each sprout in half lengthwise through the stem, then set aside in a bowl. Make sure they’re completely dry or they won’t fry well.
How to Fry Them
Place the sprouts in hot olive oil with the cut side down. Fry the sprouts on medium-high heat until they’re golden brown and crunchy….about 5 minutes. Try not to move them around too much. Let them brown on one side, then flip to the other.
Next, toss them in my amazing honey mustard sauce recipe. Stir around until the sauce soaks in. Sprinkle with sea salt and you’re done!
How to Make Honey Mustard Sauce
Mix 2 tablespoons of stone ground mustard (ad) with 3 tablespoons of honey in a small bowl. Mix well and add a teaspoon of minced garlic. Drizzle sauce over sprouts in skillet and let the blackened char begin!
See that amazing char? Those are some happy sprouts! And, you’ll be REALLY happy once you taste them. Try these Brussels with my BBQ Chicken Patties, Fall Off the Bone Ribs, or anything else you can conjure up. The flavor is hard to beat!
Another great fact about Honey-Mustard Brussels Sprouts is they’re cooked on top of the stove, which frees up your oven for bigger things. This is especially nice on holidays when you don’t have room for one more thing in the oven!
More Veggies to Love
Veggies are good for you! Enjoy a few of my other flavorful veggie recipes…Print
Honey-Mustard Brussels Sprouts taste too good to be true! You won’t believe it until you try them for yourself.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. stone ground mustard (ad)
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Prep the sprouts by trimming the ends of the stem and pulling off the top leaf.
- Cut each sprout in half lengthwise through the stem. Set aside in a bowl.
- Make sure sprouts are completely dry or they’ll splatter in oil.
- Add olive oil to a cast iron skillet .
- Place the sprouts in olive oil with the cut side down.
- Turn up the heat to medium high and fry sprouts until they’re golden brown and crunchy (5 minutes).
- Try not to move sprouts around too much. Brown them on one side, then flip to the other.
- Mix mustard, honey and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Pour honey mustard sauce over sprouts in skillet and toss.
- Turn heat down to medium low.
- Stir sprouts until the sauce soaks in (5 minutes).
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve warm.
Be careful when frying in hot oil. If heat gets too high, turn down to avoid splattering.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: brussels, brussels sprouts, sprouts, sides, veggies, vegetables, honey mustard
Keep In Touch
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
Check out my best dishes each week on Meal Plan Monday and The Weekend Potluck.
Sharing is Caring! Thanks for sharing this recipe and telling me what you think in the comment section below…