Do you love broccoli, but wish you could jazz it up a little? Roasted broccoli is a quick and easy way to put veggies on the table. It’s also simple to add incredible flavor to this yummy dish.
When my son was little, he absolutely loved broccoli. He would eat it any way it was served. We always thought it was strange, ’cause most kids hate any type of green stuff. But, after all these years, he still loves this cruciferous vegetable packed full of fiber and nutrients. Yay for broccoli!
Roasting broccoli in the oven is my favorite way of bringing it to life. My daughter-in-law gave me this great idea of adding red pepper flakes which intensifies the flavor. Talk about adding some sass!
Simply cut the florets off a head of broccoli, then rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Place the florets in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil or melted butter. Add a few sprinkles of garlic salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, then mix together with your hands. Pop those babies on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for about 5 to 10 minutes until they turn crispy on the ends.
Captain Cruciferous to the rescue!Print
Roasted broccoli is a quick and easy way to put veggies on the table with lots of flavor. Add red pepper flakes for a real punch!
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or butter
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- light sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the florets off a head of broccoli.
- Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the florets in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil or butter.
- Add garlic.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Mix together with hands.
- Pour the broccoli onto a sheet pan and roast at 425 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes until crispy and brown on ends.
Grill this recipe for even more flavor.
- Category: Vegetables, Side Dishes
- Method: Sheet Pan
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: broccoli, roasted broccoli, side dishes, veggies, vegetables