BBQ Chicken Patties are simple, savory and a real crowd pleaser. They’re loaded with brown rice and veggies to create a gluten-free dish the whole family will love.
My hubby loves barbecue sauce, so it’s always the number one condiment in our house. That’s why BBQ Chicken Patties are on the Top 10 list of our favorite family meals.
It’s all about the BBQ down south!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
When you’re in a hurry to get dinner on the table, this recipe takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Now, that’s a keeper!
While you’re working on these delicious BBQ Chicken Patties, you can also saute’ fresh spinach and bake a few sweet potato rounds in the oven. Everything comes together quickly and creates a tasty meal.
What Type of BBQ Sauce Should I Use?
You probably have a favorite barbecue sauce too, and if so, this recipe’s for you. It’s a healthy alternative to ground beef, so you can feel good about making this dish. Also, if you’re gluten-free, these chicken patties are loaded with lots of brown rice and veggies instead of bread crumbs.
How to Make BBQ Chicken Patties
Mix the ground chicken with all ingredients except the last cup of BBQ sauce and olive oil. Shape chicken mixture into patties and place in skillet with olive oil over medium heat.
Brown both sides of patties in skillet, turning at least once. Pour 1/2 cup BBQ sauce over patties. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes, then flip over with spatula.
Pour the other 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce over patties. Simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes until done. Check during cooking and add 1 Tbsp. of water to prevent scorching if necessary.
You’ll love how easy this recipe is, and I’ll bet you’ll be making it more than once after you give it a try!
More BBQ Recipes to Love
If you’re crazy about barbecue like we are down south, try these other recipes and sides we love!
- Fall Off The Bone BBQ Ribs
- Southern Pulled Pork BBQ
- Smoked BBQ Meatloaf
- Red Skin Potato Salad
- Calico Baked Beans
Barbecue Chicken Patties are simple, savory and delicious. This dish is loaded with brown rice and veggies to make it gluten-free.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 tsp. barbecue seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. parsley
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (for mix)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (to spread over patties)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (for sautéing)
- Mix the ground chicken with all ingredients except the last cup of BBQ sauce and olive oil.
- Shape chicken mixture into patties and place in skillet with olive oil over medium heat.
- Brown both sides of patties in skillet, turning at least once.
- Pour 1/2 cup BBQ sauce over patties. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then flip over with spatula.
- Pour the other 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce over patties.
- Simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes until done.
- Check during cooking and add 1 Tbsp. of water to prevent scorching if necessary.
You could add a beaten egg to the mix, but I’ve found that the patties stay together better without it.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: barbecue chicken, chicken, BBQ, chicken patties, gluten free, barbecue
Keep in Touch
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe. Please leave a comment and *STAR* rating below…