Calico Baked Beans have lots of bold flavors that will wake you up and slap you silly! That makes it the perfect dish for your picnics and celebrations.
Gather ’round the grill and serve these beans at your next get-together. But, beware, you’ll be asked to bring them to every pot-luck dinner for the next 50 years. 🙂
I love everything about these beans. They’re tangy, spicy, and sweet. And, I’ve learned over the years that they’re the way to your honey’s heart. My guy is crazy about them. The flavors make regular old baked beans shutter in fear!
Calico Baked Beans go great with Pork BBQ, and any type of poultry. So, go make a batch and be sure to leave a comment below telling me what you think…Print
Four kinds of beans in a sweet and zesty sauce will make this beloved dish the hit of your summer picnics!
- 1 can (15 oz) baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) white navy beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, undrained
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup zesty BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp. stone ground mustard
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce (if you like it hot)
- 1/2 tsp steak seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in the biggest casserole dish or pan you’ve got.
- Bake for 1 hour until a light crust forms on top.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
If you like meat in your baked beans, add 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon before cooking.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: baked beans, southern, side dishes, picnic, calico beans, BBQ
See this recipe on Meal Plan Monday!