Salted Chocolate Toffee Bars are outrageously good. They're buttery, crunchy, and filled with salted caramel chocolate in every bite!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Need to take something to the cookie swap? This is your date! Do you want a treat that takes only a few ingredients to come together? Salted Chocolate Toffee Bars couldn't be easier to make and take!
Here's the best part...these decadent cookies have everything you love wrapped up in one great bite! Buttery round crackers, decadent caramel toffee, crunchy pecans and salted chocolate....OH MY! I can hardly contain myself.
Salted Chocolate Toffee Bars are perfect for holidays such as Christmas, or any day in between!
Step by Step Instructions
1 - Start by layering buttery round crackers in a 13 X 9 baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Next, melt butter in a saucepan and stir in brown sugar over medium heat.
2 - Stir the sugar and butter constantly, allowing it to come to a boil for 2 minutes. Take off heat and stir in chopped pecans.
3 - Pour the buttery toffee spread over the top of every cracker, covering each one with the mixture. Be careful! It's hot!
4 - Pop the whole pan in a 350 degree oven and bake for 10 minutes until bubbly. Take out of the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
5 - Let the chocolate sit for about 1 minute to melt, then spread lightly with a knife or spatula. Sprinkle the chocolate with a dusting of sea salt.
6 - Freeze the toffee for at least 1 hour until set, then thaw for 15 minutes. Use a sharp knife to cut into squares. The caramel toffee magically makes its way to the bottom of the cookie and creates a delicious crust with those buttery crackers.
Yes, you can freeze this recipe in an airtight container for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw on the kitchen counter overnight, then separate and enjoy.
If you make these cookies without using baking spray first, they will be almost impossible to get out of the pan. To make sure they release easily, use parchment paper to line the bottom before adding ingredients.
Yes, you can definitely use another type of cracker like saltines or club crackers. I like the buttery taste of the round crackers, but others work just as well.
More Desserts to Love
If you love these delicious toffee bars, try these other favorite treats...
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Bark
- Santa's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- School Cafeteria Cookies
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart
- Beryl's Chocolate Sheet Cake
Salted Chocolate Toffee Bars
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- 2 sleeves buttery round crackers
- 2 sticks butter 1 cup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 12 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- dusting of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer buttery round crackers in a 13 X 9 baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray, or line it with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and stir in brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Take off heat and stir in pecans.
- Pour toffee mixture over buttery crackers in pan. Cover entire surface of crackers.
- Bake crackers at 350 degrees for 10 minutes until bubbly.
- Take crackers out of oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Let chocolate sit for 1 minute to melt, then spread to cover crackers. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Freeze toffee bars for 1 hour to set.
- Take out of freezer and allow to thaw for 15 minutes. Cut into squares with a sharp knife and serve!
- Use parchment paper to line the pan before adding ingredients and the cookies will release easily.
- Spraying the parchment paper with baking spray will make it even easier.
- View the Google Web Story for Toffee Cracker Bars!
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.
Sharing is Caring! If you love my recipes, please SHARE with friends!