Pizza night has taken on a whole new meaning since flatbreads arrived on the scene. Who wouldn’t love a Build Your Own Flatbread Bar? The idea just screams fun!
Flatbreads are popping up everywhere and can be found in abundance in most grocery stores. Sometimes they’re calling naan, (ad) pita, or plain flatbreads. Basically, they’re just a crust designed to hold a whole bunch of delicious toppings.
What is a Flatbread Bar?
A flatbread bar is just like a taco or pizza bar where you provide lots of toppings and encourage your family or guests to make whatever they like.
You’ll need a sheet pan, some mini-naan, (ad) and your favorite cheese, meat, and veggie combos. Don’t worry…I’ve already done the creative planning for you. 🙂
The goal is to know your audience. If you’re creating a flatbread bar for the kids, you’ll want to offer items like good old pepperoni and cheese. But, if you’re inviting adult guests over, you can turn a plain piece of naan into a gourmet meal!
Flatbread Topping Ideas
The possibilities are endless when it comes to mixing and matching toppings for flatbreads. You can choose from the classics, or you can go for something a little out of the box (which is how I roll).
My Flatbread Menu:
- PROSCIUTTO: Prosciutto, Dates, Gouda, Walnuts
- PEACH: Peaches, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Rosemary, Balsamic Glaze
- PESTO: Pesto, Tomato, Basil, Mozzarella, Olives
- PEAR: Pears, Thyme, Dried Cherries, Goat Cheese, Lavender Honey
There’s a little bit of prep involved, but if you purchase pre-chopped items when possible, everything will go faster. Here’s what you’ll need for my Build Your Own Flatbread Bar:
- mini naan or pitas
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil
- prosciutto or bacon
- gouda cheese
- blue cheese crumbles
- fresh rosemary
- balsamic glaze
- fresh thyme
- dried cherries
- goat cheese crumbles
- honey (lavender if you can find it)
How to Build a Flatbread
Prepare the toppings by dicing anything that hasn’t been pre-chopped. Place in tiny bowls or plastic cups.
Arrange 6 mini naan on a half sheet pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. Remove sheet pan from oven and place in the middle of a table surrounded by all of the toppings.
Encourage your family or guests to start with cheese or pesto first, then sprinkle on the toppings. You can show them the list of ideas from this post, or let them go freestyle. 🙂 However, I’ve found that most folks like to have a guide. Feel free to write or print the menu so they’ll have a visual.
When everyone is finished preparing their flatbread, bake them on the sheet pan in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese melts. Cool, then drizzle with balsamic glaze or honey if desired.
Why You’ll Love This Idea
Everyone loves to play with their food! Building Your Own Flatbread Bar is a fun way to get the party started.
You can be as creative as you like with the toppings. Do you have a football loving crowd? Make meatballs, buffalo chicken or spinach artichoke dip for the spreads. The sky is the limit!
The naan is already pre-grilled for you so all you have to do is heat and serve. Flatbreads are the perfect party food!
Great Dip Recipes For FlatbreadsPrint
Build Your Own Flatbread Bar is a fun way to get your family or guests involved in making their own pizza-style flatbreads. It’s a fun spin on pizza night!
- 6 mini naan (ad)
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1/2 cup olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup prosciutto, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, sliced
- 1/2 cup gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup fresh rosemary, diced
- drizzle of balsamic glaze
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 2 Tbsp. lavender or plain honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare toppings by dicing anything that hasn’t been pre-chopped. Place the toppings in tiny bowls or plastic cups.
- Place 6 mini naan on a sheet pan and bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and place in the middle of a table surrounded by toppings.
- Begin building the flatbreads with toppings. Instruct guests to start with cheese or spreads first, then add fruits, herbs and more cheese.
- Bake the flatbreads on the sheet pan at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Cool flatbreads for a few minutes. If part of the recipe, use balsamic glaze or honey as a drizzle.
Write or print a menu so guests will have a visual guide to make the flatbreads in this recipe.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: flatbreads, build your own flatbread bar, toppings, cheese, vegetarian options, pizza
Keep in Touch
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe. Please leave a comment and *STAR* rating below…