When was the last time you made the best pimento cheese you've ever tasted? How about now? Smoked Pimento-Jack Cheese takes this popular dip to a new level!
Most folks in the south, and throughout the entire Blue Ridge mountain range for that matter, have a favorite recipe for pimento cheese. Try my version if you're looking for a little sass.
Smoked Pimento-Jack Cheese adds just the right kick, goes great in grits, on top of burgers, or with just about anything else you can conjure up. I like to serve it as an appetizer with crostini or crackers. It's one of my most requested recipes!
What Ingredients Do I Need?
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. diced pimentos, drained
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon liquid wood smoke
- 8 oz. pepper jack cheese, shredded by hand
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar, shredded by hand
- ¼ cup onions, diced
How To Make Smoked Pimento-Jack Cheese
Smoked Pimento Jack-Cheese takes only 15 minutes to come together...and the results are over-the-top! Take these easy steps...
- Beat cream cheese with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add pimentos, mayonnaise, and wood smoke.
- Continue to mix well.
- Fold in hand-shredded pepper jack, sharp cheddar and onions.
- Mix vigorously until cheese is well blended.
Why Do I Need To Shred The Cheese by Hand?
Shredding the cheese by hand (ad) makes the cheese combine more smoothly, yielding a creamier consistency. There are additives in pre-shredded cheese like potato starch which causes clumps when stirring or cooking. Freshly shredded cheese definitely tastes better than the packaged version.
Here's another cool fact. Did you know that 8 ounces of block cheese produces more than 8 ounces of pre-shredded cheese? You'll get much more cheese for your buck if you shred it by hand!
More Cheesy Recipes to Love
- Stovetop Mac & Cheese
- Pesto Grilled Cheese
- How to Make a Cheese Board
- Sausage Cheese Bake
- Broccoli Cheese Chowder (includes HOW-TO video!)
Keep in Touch...
Sharing is caring! If you love my recipes, please share with friends! Quiche My Grits also submits recipes weekly to Weekend Potluck.