When was the last time you made the best pimento cheese you’ve ever tasted? How about now?
Most folks in the south, and throughout the entire Blue Ridge mountain range for that matter, have a favorite recipe for pimento cheese. Try my version if you’re looking for a little sass. It adds just the right kick, goes great in grits, on top of burgers, or with just about anything else you can conjure up.Print
Pimento cheese like you’ve never had it before! Creamy, smoky and delicious.
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. diced pimentos, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. liquid wood smoke
- 8 oz. pepper jack cheese, shredded by hand
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar, shredded by hand
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- Beat cream cheese with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add pimentos, mayonnaise, and wood smoke.
- Continue to mix well.
- Fold in pepper jack, sharp cheddar and onions.
- Mix vigorously until cheese is well blended.
Add more mayo if you like it creamier. Add hot sauce if you like it spicier.
Serve with crostini or crackers.
Also delicious when mixed into grits for brunch or dinner.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: pimento cheese, southern, appetizers, dips, spreads
View this recipe and more on Meal Plan Monday!