Cheese Spreads never go out of style. They’re so versatile and delicious that you’ll frequently see them at holiday celebrations. My favorite cheese spreads have the perfect balance of jam and savory cheeses blended together. If you try Bacon Apricot Cheese Spread, I bet you’ll agree!
The first time I ever tasted a fruity cheese spread was way back in the 80’s when we made a pineapple version. I’m pretty sure that vintage cheese ball showed up at every wedding, bridal shower, and party for the next twenty years. Heck, it’s still showing up at some of my favorite events!
I’m not brave enough to say I’ve created the next cheese spread sensation…but a girl can dream, can’t she? How can a cheese ball become so popular? It’s all about the right combination of sweet and savory.
Here’s what I love about Bacon Apricot Cheese Spread. It’s creamy, tart, flavorful, and crunchy. There’s just enough sweetness from the dried apricots (ad) and saltiness from the bacon to wake up your taste buds. Above all, it’s cracker worthy! Any cracker would be proud to call this cheese spread a friend.
How to Make Bacon Apricot Cheese Spread
Start by pan frying 6 strips of bacon until crispy, then crumble into small bits. Set bacon aside and place 2 packages of cream cheese in a mixer. Blend until creamy, then add the bacon and mix well.
Add shredded cheddar cheese, diced apricots, apricot jam and yellow mustard to the mix. Yep, I said yellow mustard. It gives this cheese spread its tart flavor. Blend all ingredients together for about 1 minute on medium high speed. Then add onion and garlic salt. Finish by blending everything together for a few minutes.
Simply scoop the cheese spread onto your favorite serving platter and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Garnish with dried apricots, fresh cranberries and parsley if desired.
Watch out for double dippers when you serve Bacon Apricot Cheese Spread because they’ll be there. And, make sure you set aside some for yourself because this spread will disappear before you can say ‘where did it go?’Print
Bacon Apricot Cheese Spread is creamy, tart, flavorful and crunchy. There’s just enough sweetness from the apricots and saltiness from the bacon to wake up your taste buds!
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup dried apricots, diced (ad)
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole fresh cranberries for garnish (optional)
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- extra dried apricots for garnish (optional)
- Fry 6 strips of bacon until crispy, then crumble into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place 2 pkgs. of cream cheese in a mixer. Blend until creamy.
- Add bacon and mix well.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese, diced apricots, apricot jam and yellow mustard to the mix.
- Blend all ingredients for 1 minute on medium high speed.
- Add diced onion and garlic salt, then blend all ingredients for a few minutes.
- Scoop cheese spread onto your favorite platter and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Garnish with whole cranberries, parsley and dried apricots if desired.
Serve with multi grain crackers.
Bacon Apricot Cheese Spread can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week in a closed container.
Cut prep time in half by using a food processor to chop or dice ingredients.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bacon, apricot, cheese spread, cheese ball, pecans, mustard, bacon apricot cheese spread, crackers
Keep in Touch
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe. Please leave a comment and *STAR* rating below…