Raspberry Goat Cheese Bites are sweet and savory appetizers made with crescent rolls, pesto goat cheese, raspberry jam, and fresh raspberries. They're an impressive and easy finger food!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Even though Raspberry Goat Cheese Bites look fancy, they're very easy to make, which is why I like taking them to holiday parties and gatherings.
They're also a versatile dessert, which means you can substitute cheeses or fruits to make them any flavor you like. Try strawberries or blueberries for an entirely different taste! Switch up the jam and create your own special appetizer.
Easy Ingredient List
- crescent rolls - provides a tasty base
- goat cheese - pairs perfectly with raspberries
- cream cheese - blends with goat cheese to make it creamy
- pesto - adds a savory component
- seedless raspberry jam - (ad) provides sweetness
- fresh raspberries - create the perfect topping
- powdered sugar - for the finishing touch
How to Make Them
- Start by rolling out the crescent dough and crimping the seams of the triangles together. Then, cut the pastry with a pizza cutter to make 24 small squares.
- Grease a mini muffin tin pan. Place each square of pastry in a cup.
- Mix the cream cheese, pesto and goat cheese together. Roll into 24 small balls and stuff inside the crescent dough squares. Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Add a small amount of raspberry jam on top of each cheese ball inside the pastry.
- Place a raspberry on top of the jam. Dust the raspberries with powdered sugar if desired.
Recipe Tips and FAQs
- If you aren't a fan of goat cheese, you can substitute another cheese in this recipe as long as it blends with cream cheese. Or, simply use the cream cheese by itself.
- To make this recipe more sweet than savory, omit the pesto and add 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar to the cream cheese instead. The result will taste exactly like cheesecake!
Can These Pastries Be Frozen?
These bites can be frozen in the mini muffin tins before baking. I don't recommend freezing them after baking since the pastry could get soggy. They taste best served directly from the oven, or at room temperature.
Raspberry Goat Cheese Bites look lovely on any platter, but especially when arranged on a cake plate or tier. They make a great presentation for wedding receptions, baby showers or holiday parties.
I promise if you take these mini desserts to a get-together with friends, there won't be any left at the end of the evening!
More Appetizers To Love
If you're looking for a party or holiday appetizer to go with this recipe, try a few of these favorites...
- Bacon Apricot Cheese Spread
- Cheese Ball Trio
- Best Sausage Ball Recipe
- Triple Dip Snack Board
- Southern Pimento Cheese
- Mini Quiche Tarts
Keep in Touch
Sharing is Caring! Please leave a REVIEW, PIN and SHARE my recipes with friends!
My best dishes also appear each week on Meal Plan Monday and Weekend Potluck!