What’s better than candied pecans? Adding candied bacon to the mix! Candied Bacon Pecans taste just like a pecan pie with bacon on top…which is a very good thing.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you can’t think of a thing to take to a family get together, look no further. Candied Bacon Pecans will make you the most popular person in town! This delicious combination of pecans and bacon mixed with sugar, salt and spice will be everyone’s favorite snack.
Here’s the best part…you can make this scrumptious candy in 30 minutes! Plus, you can make and bake everything on the same sheet pan. It’s also the perfect food gift for hostesses, neighbors and friends. I mean, how can you go wrong with candied bacon?
Ingredients You’ll Need
Only 7 ingredients are needed to create this sweet and salty snack. (Quantities are listed in the recipe card below.)
- pecan halves (I used 2 contrasting kinds)
- coarse sea salt
- bacon slices
- brown sugar
- ground cayenne pepper
- egg white
How to Make Candied Bacon Pecans
Spread pecan halves and bacon on a half sheet pan. Drizzle butter on top. Sprinkle with sea salt. Using hands, coat pecans and bacon with butter and salt. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
Mix brown sugar and cayenne pepper together. Pour over pecan mixture on sheet pan. Stir well. Drizzle egg white over pecan mixture and stir. Using hands, coat pecans with sweet and spicy mixture.
Spread pecans and bacon evenly on the sheet pan. Pop back in oven and bake for 15 more minutes. Remove from oven and stir again, breaking up the candy before it hardens on the pan. Sprinkle candy with remaining sea salt and allow to cool before serving.
Can I Add Other Spices?
Absolutely! If you love spice, try adding a little to the mix. Here are a few combinations you can try…
- dried rosemary and thyme
- ground cumin, curry and turmeric
- pumpkin pie spice, ground cloves and cinnamon
- dried oregano, basil and garlic powder
- crushed red pepper flakes and chili powder
How Do I Store Candy After Baking?
After the candy has cooled on the sheet pan, break it up into pieces and keep in an airtight container for up to 10 days. (It never lasts long at my house because we eat it as soon as it comes out of the oven!)
This candy tastes amazing on top of vanilla ice cream, or alongside your favorite adult beverage. If you’d like to give Candied Bacon Pecans as a homemade gift, here are a few great products I have used and love…
(As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.)
More Candy to Love
I know you’ll love the smoky, sweet and salty crunch of Candied Bacon Pecans! Enjoy my other yummy treats…
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Bark
- Pumpkin Spice Coconut Bark
- German Chocolate Caramel Apples
- Salted Chocolate Toffee Bars
- Cherry Magic Bars
Candied Bacon Pecans
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1 Tbsp. butter melted
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 8 bacon slices cooked and chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread pecan halves and bacon pieces on a half sheet pan and drizzle butter on top. Sprinkle with sea salt. Using hands, coat with butter and salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- Mix brown sugar and cayenne pepper together. Pour over pecan mixture on sheet pan. Stir well.
- Drizzle egg white over pecan mixture and stir. Using hands, coat all the pieces.
- Spread candy evenly on the sheet pan. Pop back in oven and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir again, breaking up the candy before it hardens on the pan.
- Sprinkle candy with remaining sea salt and mix.
- Cool candy on sheet pan, then transfer to airtight containers until ready to serve.
- After candy has cooled, it can be stored in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.
Keep in Touch
Sharing is Caring! If you love my recipes, please SHARE with friends!