First of all, can I tell you it smells so good in my kitchen right now I can barely pull myself away to write this post? Okay, focus. This is it. Look no further! Salted Chocolate Toffee Bars is the treat you’ve been waiting for!
I know I get excited about everything I make, but this cookie is a keeper. It’s adapted from a recipe I made years ago…but like all good things, it has improved with age.
Need to take something to the cookie swap? This is your date. Need a treat that takes only a few ingredients to come together? Salted Chocolate Toffee Bars couldn’t be easier to make and take.
Here’s the best part…it’s got everything you love wrapped up in one great bite! Buttery round crackers, decadent caramel toffee, crunchy pecans and salted chocolate….OH MY! I can hardly contain myself.
Let’s Make Salted Chocolate Toffee Bars!
Start by layering 2 sleeves of buttery round crackers in a 13 X 9 baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Next, melt 2 sticks of butter (1 cup) in a saucepan and stir in 1 cup of brown sugar over medium heat.
Stir the sugar and butter constantly, allowing it to come to a boil for 2 minutes. Take off heat and stir in 1 cup of chopped pecans.
It’s time to pour the buttery toffee spread over the top of every cracker, covering each one with the mixture. Be careful! It’s hot!
Pop the whole pan in a 350 degree oven and bake for 10 minutes until bubbly. Take out of the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Let the chocolate sit for about 1 minute to melt, then spread lightly with a knife or spatula. Sprinkle the chocolate with a dusting of sea salt.
Freeze the toffee for at least 1 hour until set, then thaw for 15 minutes. Use a sharp knife to cut into squares. The caramel toffee magically makes its way to the bottom of the cookie and creates a delicious crust with those buttery crackers. Y’all. You just gotta make these Salted Caramel Toffee Bars!Print
Salted Chocolate Toffee Bars are made with buttery crackers, decadent toffee, crunchy pecans, and salted chocolate. What more could you want in a cookie?
- 2 sleeves buttery round crackers
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 12 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- dusting of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer buttery round crackers in a 13 X 9 baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and stir in brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Take off heat and stir in pecans.
- Pour toffee mixture over buttery crackers in pan. Cover entire surface of crackers.
- Bake crackers at 350 degrees for 10 minutes until bubbly.
- Take crackers out of oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Let chocolate sit for 1 minute to melt, then spread to cover crackers. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Freeze toffee bars for 1 hour to set.
- Take out of freezer and allow to thaw for 15 minutes. Cut into squares with a sharp knife and serve!
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies, cookie bars, toffee, caramel, holidays, treats, christmas, chocolate, salted chocolate