Salted Chocolate Toffee Bars are outrageously good. They're buttery, crunchy, and filled with salted caramel chocolate in every bite.
What's Special About These Bars?
Did you know it smells so good in my kitchen right now I can barely pull myself away to write this post? Okay, focus. This is it. Look no further. Salted Chocolate Toffee Bars is the treat you've been waiting for!
I know I get excited about everything I make, but this cookie is a keeper. It's adapted from a recipe I made years ago...but like all good things, it has improved with age.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Need to take something to the cookie swap? This is your date. Need a treat that takes only a few ingredients to come together? Salted Chocolate Toffee Bars couldn't be easier to make and take.
Here's the best part...it's got everything you love wrapped up in one great bite! Buttery round crackers, decadent caramel toffee, crunchy pecans and salted chocolate....OH MY! I can hardly contain myself.
How to Make Salted Chocolate Toffee Bars
Start by layering 2 sleeves of buttery round crackers in a 13 X 9 baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Next, melt 2 sticks of butter (1 cup) in a saucepan and stir in 1 cup of brown sugar over medium heat.
Stir the sugar and butter constantly, allowing it to come to a boil for 2 minutes. Take off heat and stir in 1 cup of chopped pecans.
Recipe Tips and FAQs
- Pour the buttery toffee spread over the top of every cracker, covering each one with the mixture. Be careful! It's hot!
- Pop the whole pan in a 350 degree oven and bake for 10 minutes until bubbly. Take out of the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Let the chocolate sit for about 1 minute to melt, then spread lightly with a knife or spatula. Sprinkle the chocolate with a dusting of sea salt.
- Freeze the toffee for at least 1 hour until set, then thaw for 15 minutes. Use a sharp knife to cut into squares.
- The caramel toffee magically makes its way to the bottom of the cookie and creates a delicious crust with those buttery crackers.
More Desserts to Love
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Bark
- Santa's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- School Cafeteria Cookies
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart
- Beryl's Chocolate Sheet Cake
Keep In Touch
Sharing is Caring! Please leave a REVIEW, PIN and SHARE my recipes with friends!
My best dishes also appear each week on Meal Plan Monday and Weekend Potluck!