Father’s Day is the perfect occasion to cook dinner for the special man in your life! Since Dad deserves a little pampering, we’ve created a collection of the best Father’s Day Recipes to help you plan your menu this year.
I’ve teamed up with an awesome southern cook and friend, Anecia Hero, who is the owner of Smarty Pants Kitchen. Anecia is a proud Texan, and can make a mean slab of ribs!
Together, we’ve developed recipes everyone will enjoy from categories including chicken, seafood, pork, beef, vegetarian, sides, and desserts.
So, sit back, click the photos below…and start planning your Father’s Day meal with some of the best recipes we have to offer. Happy Father’s Day, Dads!
Easy Lemon Chicken Piccata or Lemon Butter Chicken is sure to please!
Why go out when you can make Fried Catfish or Salmon Caprese at home?
Every Dad will love Sweet Heat Country Ribs or Grilled Pork Tenderloin.
The way to Dad’s heart is through Classic Meatloaf or Momma’s Pot Roast!
Enjoy our vegetarian meals like Manicotti or Sun Dried Tomato Pasta.
Delicious Potato Dauphinoise or the Best Squash Casserole will make Dad smile!
Finish your meal with a yummy Lemon Ice Box Pie or Blackberry Cheese Danish.
My Dad’s Favorite Recipe
My Daddy was bigger than life ~ and the life of every party. Dad knew how to have fun, and was the happiest when our family got together to celebrate special occasions. People say we look alike ~ (and I think we do too).
Losing him shortly after this photograph was taken is still hard to accept. But, his spirit is with me whenever I make his favorite meal, plant a flower in my yard, or watch a cardinal play at the bird feeder.
This appetizer recipe is for you, Dad. I remember how much you loved my Deviled Eggs.Print
Deviled Eggs don’t get any better than this. The secret is in the flavorful filling!
- 12 eggs, boiled, sliced and yolks removed
- 8 oz. Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise. I use Duke’s (ad)
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp. dijon grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- dash of pepper
- dash of hot sauce (optional)
- Boil eggs, peel, slice lengthwise, and remove yolks.
- Set yolks aside in a separate bowl.
- In a mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add mayo and both mustards. Beat on high about 3 minutes.
- Add egg yolks, fresh dill, onion, salt and pepper.
- Add a dash of hot sauce if you like it spicy.
- Continue to beat until creamy (about 3 minutes on high).
- Place egg mixture in a piping bag and pipe into egg whites.
Garnish deviled eggs with fresh dill weed if desired.
Arrange eggs on top of lettuce and parsley on a pretty platter, or use an egg tray if you have one.
- Category: Appetizers, Sides
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: deviled eggs, appetizers, southern deviled eggs, eggs, boiled eggs, sides
A Few More Things…
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe. Please leave me a comment and *STAR* rating below…