If you love chicken and dumplings, you'll gobble up Chicken Gnocchi Soup. It's so easy to make...you won't believe how fast dinner appears on the table!
Have you ever eaten gnocchi before? It's like a dumpling, but smaller and made with potatoes, semolina, or flour. Mini potato gnocchi (ad) is the perfect addition to soup, and this creamy chicken version will knock your socks off.
It tastes a lot like Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup!
How to Make Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Start by boiling 1 carton of chicken stock in a dutch oven (ad) or soup pot. Add 2 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken and 2 tablespoons of dried parsley. Bring back to a boil, then add 2 cups of mini gnocchi. (ad)
When the gnocchi rises to the top, it's ready. It only takes 2 minutes, but it hangs out while you're finishing the soup, and holds up well until it's ready to serve.
Cook the soup for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat, then add 1 cup of heavy cream. Mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of water in a separate dish. Pour it into the soup and increase heat to medium for 2 minutes, stirring to incorporate.
Mix in a dash of garlic powder and pepper, and you're good to go.
I've never tried to make my own gnocchi because it's easy to buy at the supermarket, which cuts prep time in half. When I want to make dinner in a jiffy, this is one of my go-to-recipes. It's completely finished and on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Chicken Gnocchi is best when eaten in one sitting, or plan to refrigerate the leftovers. Unfortunately, you can't freeze it because the cream will curdle and break down.
I think it tastes just like Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi soup. The only thing that might be missing is shredded carrot if you'd like to add that.
If you're going to make a substitution, use half and half instead of heavy cream. If you use milk, the soup might be too thin.
More Soup Recipes to Love
- Bacon Black Bean
- Broccoli Cheese Chowder
- Fire Roasted Tomato Soup
- Hungarian Mushroom
- All the Love Potato Soup
Chicken Gnocchi Soup
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- 32 oz. carton chicken stock
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 2 cups mini potato gnocchi ad
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 3 Tbsp. water
- Dash of garlic powder and pepper
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in a dutch oven.(ad)
- Add shredded rotisserie chicken and parsley, return to boil.
- Add gnocchi (ad) and cook for 2 minutes until it comes to the top.
- Simmer soup for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour in heavy cream and stir well.
- Add cornstarch mixed with water and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle soup with a dash of garlic powder and pepper. Stir well and serve piping hot.
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.