Craving a meal without all the carbs? Get your fix with these tender chicken breasts stuffed with spinach, sautéed mushrooms and three cheeses. Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken is ready in just 35 minutes, so you'll want to hang on to this recipe!
Why This Chicken Is Amazing
Many folks, including myself, are trying to eat less carbs these days. If you fall into the Keto-friendly category, you'll love this low-carb meal. It's packed with protein, fresh veggies, and yummy cheese to keep you satisfied for hours.
Even if you're not a Keto fan, you're gonna love the amazing flavors in this chicken recipe. It's stuffed with creamy spinach, cheese and mushrooms, then topped with parmesan for good measure!
The ingredients needed for Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken are all-natural, with little or no additives, which makes this recipe a great choice for your family! It's delicious when served on a bed of fresh spinach.
You'll need a medium onion, mushrooms, butter, soy sauce and minced garlic to sauté. Add frozen spinach, cream cheese, and mozzarella to make the filling for the chicken breasts. A sprinkle of parmesan cheese tops off the dish!
In a skillet, sauté onions and mushrooms with butter until soft. Add a dash of soy sauce and minced garlic, then mix well.
Add cream cheese and mozzarella along with the spinach. Stir until cheese is melted. Set filling mixture aside.
With a sharp knife, split the chicken breasts down the middle, leaving a pocket. Open them up and stuff with spoonfuls of the filling mixture. Close the chicken breasts and place in a greased baking dish.
Dust the chicken with a little salt and pepper. Spread leftover filling over chicken. Sprinkle chicken with parmesan cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Choose medium chicken breasts that will bake faster than large.
- If you only use a few spoonfuls of filling per chicken breast, there will be extra filling to top the chicken.
- Purchase frozen chopped spinach in a bag that's easier to pour into the skillet. If you buy the solid block type, you'll need to defrost and drain before using.
Absolutely! If you use fresh spinach, just add it to the skillet and sauté as directed.
No, this recipe saves lots of time by letting the oven work its magic. There's no need to pre-brown the chicken before baking.
Start at one of the small ends of the chicken breast and split it down the middle with a sharp knife to make a pocket. Make sure you don't cut all the way through to the other side, or the filling will leak out.
If you love this recipe, try these other yummy favorites...
- Spinach Alfredo Pizza
- Easy Chicken Taco Bake
- Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
- Baja Chicken Tacos
- Sheet Pan Chicken
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 1 pint mushrooms diced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce omit for gluten free
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 8 oz. chopped frozen spinach
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. mozzarella
- 4 chicken breasts split
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz. parmesan shredded
- Sauté onions and mushrooms with butter in a skillet on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and minced garlic. Stir well.
- Mix in spinach, cream cheese, and mozzarella. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Split chicken breasts down the middle with a sharp knife to create a pocket.
- Open up chicken breasts and stuff with spoonfuls of spinach mixture. Make sure to leave at least half of filling for the topping.
- Close chicken breasts and place in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Spread leftover filling over chicken. Top chicken with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked throughout.
- There is no need to brown the chicken before baking. The oven takes care of that for you!
- Be careful when splitting the chicken breasts with a sharp knife. Make sure to leave a pocket and not cut all the way through to the other side, or the filling will leak out.
- Serve chicken breasts on a bed of fresh spinach for a low-carb meal.
- View the Google Web Story for Keto Stuffed Chicken Breasts!
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.