Looking for an easy chicken dinner with tons of flavor? Easy Chicken Taco Bake will satisfy all of your cravings! It's tender, cheesy, and low carb too!
What Makes This Recipe Easy?
When a recipe only needs a few ingredients before it goes into the oven, that qualifies as easy. Besides the chicken, there are only 3 other ingredients needed to make Easy Chicken Taco Bake! The toppings are optional, but only take a few minutes to chop and sprinkle over the chicken. This makes it a favorite weeknight dinner entree.
Easy Chicken Taco Bake is also the perfect meal for many holidays and special occasions. It can be served on Taco Nights, Cinco de Mayo, Game Day, Tailgate Parties, and even birthday celebrations. Your family will love the flavor, and you'll love how quickly it comes together as a keto-friendly meal.
- Place chicken in the bottom of a cast iron skillet or 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Mix cream cheese and packet of taco seasoning together.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and cover with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes until chicken is done.
- Add toppings of your choice.
Can I Substitute Toppings?
Just like regular tacos, the toppings in this dish really bring the flavor, so feel free to be as creative as you like. You can make this recipe as mild or spicy as your family desires! Here are some ideas for different toppings...
- diced tomatoes
- chunky salsa
- diced scallions
- black olives
- chopped cilantro
- jalapeno pepper slices
- pepper jack cheese
- sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped avocado
- black beans
- shredded lettuce
- whole kernel corn
- lime zest
- sour cream
Can I Make My Own Seasoning?
If you prefer not to use a taco seasoning packet, you can make your own seasoning blend by mixing together 1 teaspoon of each of the following ingredients:
- chili powder
- onion powder
- garlic powder
Add a dash of salt and pepper to enhance the flavor.
Taco Bar Ideas
If everyone in your family likes different toppings, or if you need a great party idea, turn this dish into a Keto Taco Bar! Simply cook the chicken as instructed and provide toppings in bowls for people to serve themselves. Line everything up on the counter and let your guests do all the work!
- Cut large chicken breasts into smaller pieces so they'll cook faster.
- Use thinly sliced chicken breasts for faster cooking time.
- Ovens vary. Watch the cooking time and increase if needed.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before adding the toppings.
- Use a 13 x 9 inch baking dish if a cast iron skillet is not available.
If you're looking for more easy dinner meals, I've got you covered!
- Baja Chicken Tacos
- Green Burritos
- Sheet Pan Taco Bake
- Cheesy Skillet Spaghetti
- Sheet Pan Chicken
- Spinach Alfredo Pizza