Creamy Alfredo sauce meets fresh spinach and artichokes in this cheesy puff pastry recipe. Your family will go crazy over Spinach Alfredo Pizza, and you'll love how easy it is to make for pizza night or any occasion!
Why This Pizza is Amazing!
Puff pastry makes a great base for pizza, flatbreads, dessert or breakfast recipes. With Spinach Alfredo Pizza, the result is so cheesy and rich, you'll be amazed at the flavor. Using Alfredo sauce takes it to the next level...and it's so easy! This pizza is the perfect vegetarian choice for Meatless Mondays or Friday pizza nights. It's a family favorite!
What is Puff Pastry?
Puff Pastry (ad) is different than crescent rolls or phyllo dough. It's usually packaged in single sheets or rolls, and can be found near the refrigerated pie crusts in your local store. It's light and flaky, but thick enough to hold heavy toppings. This golden brown crust is the star of the meal!
Other flaky doughs don't rise as high as puff pastry and are not recommended for this recipe. If you need a substitution, try pizza crust instead, but the flavor will not be the same.
- puff pastry sheet - flaky crust that rises up to hold heavy toppings
- Alfredo sauce - creamy and cheesy first layer
- fresh spinach - a delicious way to eat your veggies
- marinated artichoke hearts - give this dish its awesome flavor
- green onions - enhance the other ingredients
- mozzarella cheese - melts perfectly for that cheesy craving
- parmesan cheese - puts this pizza over the top
- everything bagel seasoning - (ad) provides spice for the recipe
Ingredient amounts are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make It
- Start by rolling puff pastry onto parchment paper on a sheet pan.
- Pierce pastry with a fork several times on the bottom.
- Spread Alfredo sauce on top of pastry sheet.
- Scatter artichokes on top of sauce.
- Place spinach leaves on top of artichokes.
- Sprinkle green onions on top of spinach.
- Slice mozzarella and scatter it over the entire pizza.
- Sprinkle pizza with parmesan cheese and end with a dash of bagel seasoning.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until crust is golden brown and pizza is bubbly. Cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing into 8 servings.
Recipe Tips and FAQs
- If the puff pastry you purchase doesn't include parchment paper, be sure to roll out a sheet of parchment before baking.
- Most puff pastry requires high heat to rise which allows this pizza to cook very fast. Watch pizza carefully to prevent scorching.
- Be sure to pierce the pastry with a fork before adding toppings. If it bubbles during cooking, simple pierce it with a fork or knife. It will flatten once it cools.
- Allow at least 15 minutes of cooling time before slicing pizza. Using a pizza slicer works best.
Serve Spinach Alfredo Pizza with my Strawberry Pecan Salad and you've got the perfect meal! Or, cut it into 16 small slices and create an amazing appetizer for the Big Game. It makes yummy football party snacks!
This vegetarian pie is also a great brunch pizza to serve at baby showers and bridal events. It's so versatile, you'll be making it over and over again!
More Puff Pastry Recipes
If you love this recipe, try my other puff pastry creations that are sure to please!
- Blackberry Cheese Danish (with video)
- Sausage Cheese Bake
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart
- Ham and Egg Brunch Bake
- Sheet Pan Taco Bake