Hungry? Whip up this Tomato Olive Flatbread in no time flat. It’s delicious for lunch, dinner, or even a midnight snack!
What Makes This Flatbread Special?
I’m a tomato-crazy girl. I eat them right out of the bag from the grocery store, or better yet, out of the garden if I’m lucky enough to find a friend who has one.
I’m crazy about olives too…just about any kind I can get my hands on. Throw in a few onion slices and some oregano and I’m pretty much satisfied.
My family doesn’t really like tomatoes that much, which is a mystery to me. When I was a kid, we ate them on white bread with salt & pepper and a great big swipe of Duke’s mayonnaise. (ad) What am I saying? I still eat tomato sandwiches exactly the same way.
Tomato Olive Flatbread is my kind of meal. And, it’s about the easiest thing I’ve ever thrown together.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 9-inch garlic naan
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- sliced black olives
- dried oregano
How to Make It
All you need is a 9 inch round of Naan from the grocery store, olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, cheese, olives and onions…or anything else your heart desires.
Drizzle a little olive oil on a sheet pan, then drizzle some on one side of naan. Sprinkle naan with minced garlic. Place it on the sheet pan with the oil side facing up.
Put naan under the broiler in the oven for 2 minutes. Remove from oven and cover with mozzarella and sliced tomatoes. Use Campari or Roma tomatoes for best results.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then top with black olives.
Finish it off with oregano, a little dash of salt and pepper, and put back in the oven to bake at 350 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes.
More Italian Dishes to LovePrint
Hungry? Whip up this Tomato Olive flatbread in no time flat! Delicious for lunch, dinner, or a midnight snack. It’s a real Italian treat.
- 1 9-inch garlic naan
- 1 tsp. olive oil drizzle
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Campari tomatoes, sliced thin
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Lightly grease a sheet pan with olive oil.
- Drizzle olive oil on one side of naan.
- Sprinkle with minced garlic.
- Place naan on sheet pan with oiled side up.
- Broil naan in oven for 2 minutes on high heat until lightly browned.
- Take naan out of oven and top with mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with black olives and sprinkle oregano over entire flatbread.
- Preheat oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Place flatbread back in oven and bake for 7 to 10 minutes until cheese melts and flatbread is golden brown.
- Category: Main Dishes, Snacks
- Method: Sheet Pan
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: flatbread, tomato, olive, sheet pan, main dishes, appetizers, onion
Keep In Touch
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
Check out my best dishes each week on Meal Plan Monday and The Weekend Potluck.
Sharing is Caring! Thanks for sharing this recipe and telling me what you think in the comment section below…