Are you tired of serving the same old lasagna or spaghetti to your family? Need a recipe that will knock their socks off? Antipasti Penne is loaded with three cheeses, olives, meats and spices that will blow their minds.
This recipe was inspired by an antipasti cheese board I made for a friend's birthday party. The leftovers turned into one of the best dishes I've ever made.
I promise you'll love this recipe, and want to make it time and time again!
Ingredients You'll Need
Quantities are listed in recipe card.
- penne pasta
- pasta sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- ricotta cheese
- Italian Seasoning (ad)
- antipasti with olives, feta, and various meats packed in olive oil
What is Antipasti?
Antipasti is an appetizer typically consisting of olives, artichokes, cheeses, and meats. Italians love to serve it as the first course before a formal meal.
You can find fresh antipasti in the deli section of most grocery stores, or in the refrigerated section containing specialty items. Our local grocery store has an olive bar where you can pick and choose your own ingredients.
Most antipasti is packed in olive oil. However, be sure to drain it thoroughly before using in this recipe.
Here's How to Make It
Making Antipasti Penne is as easy as boiling the pasta, then layering it with the remaining ingredients in a 13 x 9 casserole dish. It's similar to making lasagna since you create layers as you go.
Begin by dividing all of your ingredients into thirds. Add sauce to the bottom of the dish, then pasta, followed by parmesan, mozzarella, and ricotta.
Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. (ad) Top with antipasti (drained), then repeat steps until you reach the top of the dish. It's that simple!
Bake the pasta at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
The best part is Antipasti Penne comes together in 15 minutes!
The flavors of antipasta and Italian seasoning make the pasta come alive.
Leftovers are even better the next day.
More Pasta to Love
- Mango Chicken Pasta
- Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
- Portobello Chicken Lasagna
- Bowtie Greek Pasta
- Roasted Veggie Pasta
- Cheesy Skillet Spaghetti
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- 32 oz. pasta sauce any type
- 1 lb. penne pasta boiled for 6 minutes
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese shredded
- 8 oz. parmesan cheese shredded
- 16 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp. dried Italian Seasoning ad
- 1 cup antipasti with olives feta, and various meats packed in olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide all ingredients into thirds.
- Add ⅓ of the sauce to the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish or pan.
- Follow with ⅓ of the pasta, then layer with parmesan, mozzarella and ricotta.
- Sprinkle with ⅓ of the Italian seasoning (ad).
- Drain antipasti and sprinkle ⅓ over the top.
- Repeat the process 2 more times until you reach the top of the dish.
- Bake the pasta at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Make sure to drain the antipasti before using.
- Divide all ingredients into thirds before assembling.
- Antipasti Penne can be refrigerated for up to 4 days and enjoyed as leftovers.
- Leave off the meat if you want a vegetarian version.
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.