Planning a date night? Family get-together? Serve Portobello Chicken Lasagna to your loved ones and the stars will align in the sky. Or, enjoy this delicious dish all by yourself. You’ve earned it!
Portobello mushrooms are meatier in texture and hold up well in the creamy alfredo sauce that binds this lasagna together. You could use other mushrooms, but trust me on this…baby bellas are worth the difference.
It’s also important to grate the parmesan by hand in this recipe or your sauce will be grainy (and who wants that?) So, it takes a little effort on the back end, but you’ll be glad you took this extra step.
How to Make Portobello Chicken Lasagna
Start by collecting all of your ingredients. You’ll need butter, portobello mushrooms, onion, teriyaki sauce, rotisserie chicken, heavy cream, dried Italian seasoning, minced garlic, pepper, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and no-boil lasagna noodles.
If you’ve never used no-boil lasagna noodles, you’re in for a treat. I consider them a secret weapon of sorts. You just pop them in a dish and they miraculously cook in the sauce. Genius.
Melt a tablespoon of butter in your cast iron skillet, then add diced onions and sliced portobellos. Sauté for 5 minutes until mushrooms are tender. Add 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce and 2 cups of cubed rotisserie chicken. Stir it up, then set aside and keep warm.
In a separate skillet or pot, melt butter over medium low heat. Add cream and allow to simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, pepper and Italian seasoning, cooking for another minute or two. Add parmesan cheese (shredded by hand) and stir until creamy.
Now, the magic begins. Combine the alfredo sauce with the chicken mixture to make the filling. Spoon a little of the filling in an 11 X 8 inch casserole dish, then sprinkle some of the mozzarella on top.
Cover the mixture with slices of lasagna noodles, then repeat the process at least two more times until you end with mozzarella cheese on top. Yum! Portobello Chicken Lasagna!
Sprinkle the entire dish with dried parsley and bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
It’s creamy…and savory…and bursting with cheesy deliciousness. (Is that a word?) Anyway, you get the picture. At least I hope you can imagine how good it tastes by taking a gander at these photos.
Serve Portobello Chicken Lasagna with my Rainbow Salad and crusty bread. Date night will never be the same again.Print
Portobello Chicken Lasagna is creamy, savory, and bursting with cheesy deliciousness. Perfect for date night or any night at all!
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 8 oz. portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, diced
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- dash of cracked black pepper
- 6 oz. parmesan cheese, shredded by hand
- 1 lb. no-boil lasagna noodles
- 16 oz. package mozzarella, shredded
- sprinkle of dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet.
- Add mushrooms and onion and sauté for 5 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Add teriyaki sauce and chicken to skillet. Stir and set aside (keep warm).
- In a separate skillet or pot, melt 1/2 stick butter and pour in heavy cream.
- Simmer over medium low heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in Italian seasoning, garlic and pepper. Cook for another minute.
- Add shredded parmesan cheese and stir until creamy.
- Combine sauce with chicken mixture to make filling.
- Spoon a little filling into a 11 X 8 inch casserole dish.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top.
- Cover the mixture with lasagna noodles. (uncooked)
- Repeat process 2 more times until ending with mozzarella cheese on top.
- Sprinkle entire dish with dried parsley.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
Shredding the parmesan cheese by hand will prevent lumps in sauce.
No-boil lasagna noodles work perfectly in this recipe. Make sure they are completely covered with sauce so edges won’t be hard.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: portobello, chicken, lasagna, parmesan, cheese, mozzarella, alfredo sauce, mushrooms, main dishes
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe. Please leave a comment and *STAR* rating below…