Is there anything more luscious than a Chocolate Strawberry Tart? Probably not. But, making one on an easy, breezy sheet pan makes it even lovelier!
I absolutely adore chocolate covered strawberries. So, the other day, when I was making Blackberry Cheese Danish, I decided to create a similar pastry with chocolate and strawberries. Just because.
These desserts are very similar, but the final result is quite different. Layers of strawberries, chocolate cream cheese and chocolate chips is the way to anyone’s heart…especially my hubby’s.
How to Make a Chocolate Strawberry Tart
This beautiful treat is simple to make, and perfect to serve to guests as a casual dessert, or with a dollop of whipped cream to make it fancier.
The magic starts when you roll out the puff pastry and spread a thin layer of chocolate cream cheese on top. Now we’re talking!
The next two steps include layering the strawberries and sprinkling chocolate chips to fill in the empty spaces. That’s it! Just pop it into a 425 degree oven and watch the puff pastry do its thing. When the pastry cools, dust with powdered sugar.
Don’t you just love how the pastry puffs up and wraps itself around the strawberries and chocolate? The fact that this entire dish is created on a sheet pan makes me even more happy!
If you think that’s exciting, wait until you taste it. 🙂
My family agrees that Chocolate Strawberry Tart is one of their favorites. After dusting it with a little powdered sugar (ad) before serving, I felt like I was a real pastry chef.
Give it a whirl…and leave a comment below telling me what you think!Print
Chocolate Strawberry Tart tastes just like chocolate covered strawberries wrapped in a flaky crust!
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 4 oz. Neufchâtel cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar (ad)
- 12 large strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll the puff pastry onto a sheet pan or cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, cocoa powder and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in a thin layer on the pastry dough.
- Arrange sliced strawberries in a pattern on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on cream cheese to fill in the empty spaces.
- Roll the edges of the pastry around the entire sheet.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Dust entire pastry with powdered sugar.
- Cut into 8 rectangles and serve plain or with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Sheet Pan
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate, strawberry, pastry, tart, sheet pan, chocolate strawberry tart, desserts, easy recipes