I try to choose the quickest, most healthy, and tastiest food to cook for my family on a regular basis. These days, it’s all about rice bowls…specifically a dish like Sesame Chicken Rice Bowl since it’s made with brown rice, which is better for you.
Forget about take out! You can eat in faster than you can go out with this dish.
I love that I can stir-fry some type of protein and vegetables in 15 minutes…add a delicious sauce…then serve the entire meal over rice in a bowl. How cool is that?
And here’s the kicker…my hubby really loves Yum Yum sauce. Now, while I know adding this sauce basically negates the healthiness of the dish, if a little bit gets him to eat his veggies, I’m all for it. If you have a fussy eater at home, then this recipe is for you!
What’s easier than throwing everything in a skillet, then stir frying it for a few minutes? The only thing I can think of is adding sesame sauce which creates incredible flavor and brings the whole dish together in less than half an hour. (Yum Yum sauce is totally optional.)
Snip, snap…dinner is on the table! 🙂Print
Sesame Chicken Rice Bowl is an easy and fast way to put a healthy meal on the table that tastes as good as it looks!
- 1 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 cups broccoli florets, fresh (or frozen)
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced (I buy it as a paste in a tube so it’s easier to use)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
YUM YUM SAUCE
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Melt butter or olive oil in skillet.
- Sauté onion and garlic in skillet for 1 minute.
- Add chicken to skillet and stir fry for 5 minutes over medium high heat.
- Add broccoli to skillet and stir fry for 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Turn heat to low.
- Mix all ingredients together to create sauce.
- Pour sauce over chicken and broccoli in skillet.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
YUM YUM SAUCE
- Mix ingredients together and serve on the side if desired.
- Category: Main Dishes, Skillet Meals
- Method: Stir Fry
Keywords: sesame chicken, rice bowl
View this recipe and much more on Meal Plan Monday!