Peanut Butter Pie with Reese Cups is the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter in an easy no-bake pie! It's an over-the-top dessert loaded with tons of flavor!
Why You'll Love This Pie
You'll love this easy dessert that's the perfect pie for potluck suppers, barbecues or cookouts...
- easy to make and loaded with intense peanut butter flavor
- can be frozen and served ice cold, or enjoyed immediately
- use a pre-made crust, Oreo cookie crust, or shortbread cookies
- is everyone's favorite dessert at a baby shower, birthday party or holiday event
- great recipe when you need to throw dessert together at the last minute
The next time you get a peanut butter craving, mix it with milk chocolate and create a no-bake peanut butter cup pie. It's a huge hit at any party or celebration!
Talk about a peanut butter lovers delight! Reeses pie is made with cream cheese, peanut butter, Cool Whip and Reese's peanut butter cups on a buttery graham cracker crust.
This easy pie recipe only requires 7 simple ingredients you can find at your local grocery store or market. See recipe card for quantities.
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- peanut butter
- Cool Whip™
- Reese's™ peanut butter cups
- graham cracker crumbs
How to Make a Graham Cracker Crust
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with a melted stick of butter until crumbly.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate (deep dish).
- Freeze crust for 30 minutes before adding filling.
How to Make Peanut Butter Pie
- In a medium bowl, mix softened cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add peanut butter and blend until no lumps form.
- Fold in ½ cup of chopped peanut butter cups and Cool Whip until blended.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Take crust out of the freezer and spread filling into crust.
- Chop the rest of the peanut butter cups and place on top of the pie. You can also add whipped topping or chocolate syrup if desired.
- Serve immediately or freeze and serve at a later date.
What is a No Bake Pie?
For a pie to be called no bake, it means that no part of it must go in the oven at any time. You could bake the graham cracker crust in the oven, but it's not necessary.
There's enough butter and fine crumbs in the crust to hold it together after it's refrigerated or frozen.
This no-bake peanut butter pie is a popular choice all year round, but especially in the summer when it's too hot to cook!
Freezing and Serving
Reese's peanut butter cup pie can be frozen and enjoyed later. Wrap undecorated pie tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To serve, allow pie to thaw slightly on a kitchen counter. Decorate with chopped Reese cups and cut into slices.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Tips and Tricks
- For best results, beat the cream cheese until fluffy before adding other ingredients.
- Use 2 blocks of cream cheese instead of one to make the filling rise high in the plate.
- Place graham cracker crust in the freezer for 30 minutes before adding the cream cheese filling.
- Enjoy a frozen Reeses pie for the ultimate summer time treat!
Yes, you can make homemade whipped cream by beating 1 cup of heavy whipping cream with a mixer until stiff. Add 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar. Fold into pie as directed.
If wrapped properly, you can store this dessert in the fridge for up to 3 days. Freezing it will help it last longer.
Absolutely! I think it's actually better when it's frozen, although it's hard to wait until it freezes to take a bite. Wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and freeze up to 3 months.
There are so many ways to customize this dessert. Here are a few of my favorites...
- make an Oreo™ cookie crust by using crushed Oreo™ cookies
- add peanut butter chips on top or drizzle with hot fudge
- make a peanut butter layer on top of the crust before adding the filling
- create a peanut butter cookie crust with crushed Nutter Butters™
- sprinkle the top of the pie with chocolate chips, peanuts, and extra Reese's™ peanut butter cups
More Pie Recipes
If you love this recipe, check out my other delicious desserts that are sure to please...
- Mocha Latte Ice Cream Pie
- No Bake Pineapple Pie
- Strawberry Margarita Icebox Pie
- 3 Ingredient Peach Pie
- Cherry Crumble
- No Bake Key Lime Pie
Peanut Butter Pie with Reese Cups
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- 9 inch pie plate (deep dish)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup melted butter (1 stick)
- 16 ounces softened cream cheese (2 blocks)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (regular type)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip topping (thawed)
- 15 ounces Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups (2 packages unwrapped)
Graham Cracker Crust
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter until crumbly.
- Press crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate (deep dish).
- Freeze crust for 30 minutes before adding filling.
Peanut Butter Pie
- Chop 2 bags of peanut butter cups into pieces. Leave some of the cups whole. Reserve ½ cup for the filling and use the rest for the topping.
- In a medium bowl, mix softened cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and blend until no lumps form.
- Fold in ½ cup of the chopped peanut butter cups. Add Cool Whip and stir until blended.
- Refrigerate filling for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take crust out of the freezer and spread refrigerated filling into crust.
- Arrange the rest of the chopped peanut butter cups on top of the pie. You can also add whipped topping, peanuts, or chocolate syrup if desired.
- Serve immediately or freeze and serve at a later date. Keep leftovers in the refrigerator. See directions in notes for freezing.
- Leftover pie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- This pie freezes well! Wrap pie tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw slightly on the kitchen counter until it can be sliced easily.
- It's best to freeze this pie undecorated and add the topping and decorations when ready to serve!
- View the Google Web Story of Reese's Peanut Butter Pie!
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.