No Bake Key Lime Pie is a tart and tangy recipe that's perfect for spring and summer! Cool and creamy key lime filling is topped with homemade whipped cream for an easy, no-bake dessert!
Why This Pie Is Amazing
I have a confession to make. I've been making this old-fashioned pie recipe for over 50 years. It's one of the first recipes I learned to make, and still one of my favorites today! Chances are, you've made a version of No Bake Key Lime Pie too. Isn't it amazing?
I love how easy and versatile this no-bake recipe can be. Serve it at room temperature, and it tastes like a pudding. Store it in the refrigerator for a few hours, and it turns into a pie. Pop it into the freezer overnight, and you've got a frozen icebox dessert!
No matter how you slice it, make sure you take a big bite 'cause it's tart, tangy and refreshing. Trust me, you'll want to hang on to this recipe, because it's perfect for barbecues, picnics, potlucks and parties of all shapes and sizes!
You'll only need 6 ingredients for this easy key lime pie recipe!
- cream cheese - use full fat version for best results
- key lime juice - (ad) Nellie and Joe's brand is tangy and delicious
- sweetened condensed milk - puts the sweetness in the pie
- fresh limes - for zest and decoration on top of pie
- graham cracker crumbs - makes the perfect crust
- butter - binds the crust together
- whipped cream - optional topping
Start by beating cream cheese with a mixer until it's softened. Add key lime juice (ad) and beat until lumps are gone. Don't worry if there are some small lumps that stick around.
Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and beat until fluffy. Zest one lime into the filling and stir well. Store filling in the refrigerator while you're making the crust.
Place graham cracker crumbs in a large bowl. Melt butter and add it to graham cracker crumbs. Mix with hands until crumbly.
Press graham cracker crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Take filing out of the refrigerator and pour it into the crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or freeze overnight for a frozen pie.
After pie has cooled, decorate with sliced limes and whipped cream as shown in the photos. This is completely optional since the pie tastes great without any toppings!
Yes, you can substitute lemon juice but then you'll have to change the name to lemon cream pie!
Key Lime Pie will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week as long as it's sealed in an airtight container.
Absolutely! This recipe freezes great and tastes amazing as an icebox pie! Or, you can freeze this pie for up to 3 months and thaw it overnight in the fridge before serving.
- Use key lime juice or fresh lime juice for best results. Bottled regular lime juice does not have the same flavor.
- Mix the lime juice with the cream cheese and beat on high speed until fluffy. Always do this before adding sweetened condensed milk to avoid large lumps.
- Stir in raspberries or strawberries for a different twist. Or, try Strawberry Margarita Icebox Pie which is an adaptation of the same recipe, with the addition of tequila!
You can never have too much lime in your life. Try these other delicious lime recipes that will rock your world!Print