Easy No Bake Key Lime Pie
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy No Bake Key Lime Pie is a tart and tangy recipe that's perfect for spring and summer. Cool and creamy key lime filling is topped with homemade whipped cream and added to a crunchy crust for an easy, no-bake dessert!
Why You'll Love It
- super easy recipe
- perfect dessert that travels well
- no egg yolks or egg whites needed
- creamy, tart filling made with bottled key lime juice
- can use a store-bought crust or make your own with graham crackers
- delicious no bake pie that is everyone's favorite dessert!
This is one of those no-bake desserts that everyone raves about! Serve the pie filling at room temperature, and it tastes like a pudding. Store it in the refrigerator for a few hours, and it turns into a congealed pie. Pop it into the freezer overnight, and you've got a frozen icebox dessert!
No matter how you slice it, make sure you take a big bite 'cause it's tart, tangy and refreshing. Trust me, you'll want to hang on to this recipe, because it's perfect for barbecues, cookouts, picnics, potlucks and even a family reunion on hot summer days!
Even though this is not a traditional key lime pie recipe, it's still the most delicious dessert you can make without adding eggs. This no bake version removes the extra work and replaces it with an easy pie that's a real crowd pleaser! Since it doesn't contain eggs, it's safe to serve outdoors on a hot day.
You'll only need 6 simple ingredients for this easy key lime pie recipe. You should be able to find all of the ingredients in grocery stores. Nellie and Joe's key lime juice is usually located on the baking aisle, or you can buy it on Amazon. (ad)
See recipe card at the bottom of this page for quantities.
- cream cheese - use full fat version for best results
- key lime juice - (ad) Nellie and Joe's brand is tangy and delicious
- Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk - puts the sweetness in the pie
- fresh limes - for zest and decoration on top of pie
- graham crackers - makes the perfect crust
- melted butter - binds the crust together
- heavy whipping cream or Cool Whip - your choice of optional topping
How to Make No-Bake Key Lime Pie
Start by beating softened cream cheese with an electric mixer until it's creamy. Add key lime juice (ad) and beat until lumps are gone. Don't worry if there are some small lumps that stay behind.
Fold in the Eagle Brand® sweetened condensed milk and beat until fluffy. Zest one lime into the filling and stir well. Store filling in the refrigerator while you're making the homemade crust.
Graham Cracker Pie Crust
To make the homemade graham cracker crust, place graham cracker crumbs in a large bowl. Melt butter and add it to graham cracker crumbs. Mix with hands until crumbly.
Press graham cracker crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Take filing out of the refrigerator and pour it into the crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours until pie chills throughout, or freeze overnight for a frozen pie.
After the dessert has cooled, decorate the top of the pie with sliced regular limes and lime zest if desired.
Whipped Cream Topping
If you would like to use whipped cream as a decoration, beat heavy cream with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla and powdered sugar to the whipped cream. Mix well and place in a piping bag.
Decorate pie as shown in the photos, or just spread whipped cream on top. This step is completely optional, but it makes a great presentation!
Yes, you can substitute lemon juice but then you'll have to change the name to no bake lemon pie!
Key Lime Pie will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week as long as it's sealed in an airtight container.
Absolutely! This recipe freezes great and tastes amazing as an icebox pie! Or, you can freeze this pie for up to 3 months and thaw it overnight in the fridge before serving.
- Use key lime juice or actual key limes for best results. Regular lime juice does not have the same flavor.
- Mix the key lime juice with the cream cheese and beat on high speed until fluffy. Always add citrus juice to cream cheese before adding sweetened condensed milk to avoid large lumps.
Storage and Freezing
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Freeze the whole pie by wrapping tightly with plastic wrap and storing in the freezer for up to 3 months. Serve frozen, or thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Stir in diced fresh strawberries to make a no bake strawberry pie. Or, try Strawberry Margarita Icebox Pie which is an adaptation of the same recipe, with the addition of tequila!
- Squeeze fresh key limes and use it for the juice.
- Add orange juice or pineapple juice (instead of lime) for a tropical twist!
More Lime Recipes
You can never have too many lime slices in your life. It's the perfect garnish for all types of recipes. Try these other delicious lime dishes that will tickle your taste buds!
Easy No Bake Key Lime Pie
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
Key Lime Filling
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened (2 blocks equals 16 ounces)
- ⅓ cup key lime juice (Nellie and Joe's - ad)
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 fresh limes (decoration and lime zest)
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 stick salted butter (melted)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup heavy cream (optional)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat softened cream cheese with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Add key lime juice (ad) and beat until lumps are gone. Some small lumps may remain.
- Fold in sweetened condensed milk and beat until fluffy.
- Zest one lime into the filling and store in refrigerator while making crust.
- Melt butter and add it to graham cracker crumbs in a separate bowl. Mix well with hands.
- Press graham cracker crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Pour filling into crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or freeze overnight for a frozen pie.
- After pie has cooled, decorate with sliced limes and whipped cream. (optional)
- Use key lime juice or fresh lime juice for best results. Bottled regular lime juice does not have the same flavor.
- Mix the lime juice with the cream cheese and beat on high speed until fluffy. Always do this before adding sweetened condensed milk to avoid large lumps.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Freeze the whole pie by wrapping tightly with plastic wrap and storing in the freezer for up to 3 months. Serve frozen, or thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.
Sharing is Caring! If you love my recipes, please SHARE with friends!
What a beautiful pie! Can't wait to try this recipe.
I was thrilled to finally see a no bake Key Lime Pie recipe. But sad to see cream cheese in the pie. The original pie was condensed milk and lime juice. I have made it that way for 50 plus years. Cream cheese changes the taste.
Hi Alice. I've never made it without cream cheese. How do you get it to set without adding cream cheese? The condensed milk and lime juice is mostly liquid. Do you use another binder? Would love to know your recipe!
Can’t wait to try this version! How can cream cheese instead of egg yolks be bad!!! I know this will be super creamy deliciousness!
Yes, and it's no-bake so it's a really easy recipe for key lime pie! 🙂