Ham & Egg Brunch Bake is made with smoked ham, sharp cheddar, and a savory blend of eggs with cream on a golden puff pastry crust.
What a great way to start your day! Ham & Egg Brunch Bake is the perfect treat to serve at celebrations such as bridal showers, tea parties, family brunches and baby gender reveals.
The crispiness of the crust combined with the smokiness of the ham will make your taste buds come alive.
Best of all, this recipe is easy to make and bake in just 30 minutes. Since it’s best served warm, you can make it ahead, store in the fridge, and bake just before you’re ready to party.
How To Make It
Start by rolling out a sheet of puff pastry dough onto a half sheet pan (ad) or cookie sheet. Most puff pastry comes with its own liner, but if not, make sure you roll out parchment paper first.
Roll the edges of the puff pastry all the way around to form a barrier so the filling can’t escape. Crimp edges with your fingers and pierce the bottom of the dough with a fork to eliminate bubbling while cooking.
To make the filling, beat 2 eggs together with 1/4 cup of half and half cream. You can also use low-fat milk if you’re watching calories. Add a dash of dill weed to the eggs along with salt and pepper. Pour the prepared egg filling into the puff pastry to make a thin layer.
Sprinkle the egg layer with chopped ham, then sharp cheddar cheese, and diced green onions. Pop the pastry into a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into rectangles and serve immediately.
There are so many possibilities for serving Ham & Egg Brunch Bake! One idea is to cut the pastry into small pieces and serve as an appetizer. For smaller crowds, cut larger slices and serve with my Sassy Fruit Platter and Hash Brown Casserole.
Either way, you’ll have a hard time keeping guests from going back for seconds! Feel free to add your favorite toppings to this yummy brunch dish. My hubby has been known to sprinkle pineapple over his piece to make it taste like a pizza.
More Puff Pastry Recipes to Love
- Blackberry Cheese Danish
- Sausage Cheese Bake
- Chicken Pot Hand Pies
- Raspberry Mocha Twists
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart
Ham & Egg Brunch Bake is a great way to start your day! It’s the perfect treat to serve at celebrations such as bridal showers, tea parties, holiday brunches and baby gender reveals.
- 1 puff pastry
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup half & half cream
- dash of dried dill weed
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 cups chopped smoked ham
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out the sheet of puff pastry dough onto a sheet pan (ad) or cookie sheet. Make sure you roll out parchment paper first if pastry doesn’t come with its own liner.
- Roll the edges of the puff pastry all the way around to form a barrier for the filling.
- Crimp edges of pastry with fingers and pierce the bottom of the dough with a fork.
- Beat eggs together with cream, dill weed, salt and pepper.
- Pour the prepared egg filling into the puff pastry to make a thin layer.
- Sprinkle the egg layer with chopped ham, then cheddar cheese, followed by green onions.
- Bake pastry in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then cut into rectangles to serve.
Feel free to substitute low-fat milk for cream if you’re watching calories.
This recipe can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator until time to bake. Serve warm.
- Category: Brunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brunch, ham, cheese, pastry, puff pastry, bake, breakfast, bridal shower, wedding, baby gender reveal, party, holiday
Keep in Touch
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
Check out my best dishes each week on Meal Plan Monday and The Weekend Potluck.
Sharing is Caring! Thanks for sharing this recipe and telling me what you think in the comment section below…