Triple Berry Crostata is a blend of three delicious berries with blueberry jam in buttery pie crust. It’s the easiest and most scrumptious dessert you’ll ever make!
What is a Crostata?
A crostata is the Italian version of a baked pie which is usually in a free form shape. Crostatas are open in the middle, and folded around the edges in a rustic fashion. They’re easier to make than most pies because they’re very forgiving.
What’s Special About This Recipe?
You could put anything inside a pie crust and it would be amazing, but this combo of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries is simply divine. Triple Berry Crostata is not too sweet, and has just the right amount of tartness. It’s possibly the easiest dessert you’ll ever make, and comes together pretty fast too.
If you don’t have three different kinds of berries, you could just use one and double the amount. But, I love the flavor burst that explodes when these three berries are blended together.
Start With The Crust
I could make this complicated, or I could make it really simple. I’m kinda leaning towards the simple plan ’cause I’m wanting to eat this RIGHT NOW.
So, if you’re okay with it, I’m gonna take two refrigerated pie crusts and roll them together to make a big one that will fit inside a 12″ cast iron skillet (ad). I could make my own pie crust, and so could you, but why do that today? Today, we want it to be easy as pie!
Add the Filling
For the filling, let’s use something that will hold all of this fruit together…like blueberry jam. You might think it would be too sweet for this recipe, but it compliments the tartness of the berries perfectly. Add a little cornstarch, three different kinds of berries, and you’re ready to roll!
The fun part starts when you crimp the edges of the crust and roll it inward, leaving a large area open in the middle. I can just see my spoon dipping into this crostata as soon as it comes out of the oven! Bake it at 450 degrees for 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and berries are bubbly.
The best way to serve a crostata is straight from the skillet. Don’t forget to add a big scoop of vanilla ice cream just before serving.
If your friends are lucky enough to taste this dish, they’ll be begging you to make it for every occasion.
More Berry Desserts to Love
Love desserts with berries? It’s your lucky day!
- Mini Strawberry Shortcakes
- Blackberry Cheese Danish
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart
- Blueberry Peach Cobbler
- 3 Ingredient Peach Pie
The most scrumptious dessert in the whole wide world is a Triple Berry Crostata.
- 1/2 cup of seedless blueberry or blackberry jam
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts, combined to make one
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix jam with corn starch until smooth.
- Gently add all of the berries and fold into the jam mixture. Try not to stir too much, or the berries will break down. Set berries aside.
- Roll two refrigerated pie crusts into a larger crust that will fit in a 12″ cast iron skillet, with at least 2 inches of overlap on all sides.
- Spray 12″ cast iron skillet with baking spray.
- Place rolled pie crust into skillet, leaving the ends over the edges of the skillet.
- Pour berry mixture into middle of pie crust.
- Roll edges of crust inward, leaving a large area open in the middle. Crimp crust around outside of berries.
- Brush edges of crust with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Some of the filling may seep out into the bottom of the skillet. No worries! This is part of the rustic look of this dish.
Let crostata cool for at least 10 minutes after baking, then serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream if desired.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cast Iron Skillet
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: berry crostata, berry pie, desserts
Keep in Touch
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
Thanks for sharing this recipe and telling me what you think in the comment section below…