Honey-Mustard Orange Chicken is bursting with flavor! It’s made with Cara Cara oranges, honey mustard, curry, and paprika.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Don’t you just love bright colors and bold flavors in food? When I’m trying to decide what to fix for dinner, I imagine how the colors will blend on a plate and if the recipe will taste as good as it looks.
Honey-Mustard Orange Chicken will truly surprise you. The flavors in this dish will wake up your taste buds and say HELLO. You’ll love serving chicken in a brand new way in less than 30 minutes!
- chicken tenders
- garlic salt
- olive oil
- Cara Cara oranges
- honey mustard BBQ sauce
- broccoli florets
- brown rice
- teriyaki sauce
How to Make It
Start with a few chicken tenders and curry seasoning in a cast iron skillet . Add paprika, garlic salt, and pepper, then drizzle olive oil and sauté the chicken over medium high heat.
Citrus and poultry love each other, so Cara Cara oranges work great in this dish. Squeeze the juice of half an orange into the skillet. Add some Honey Mustard BBQ sauce and it’s is a match made in heaven!
Broccoli is usually my veggie of choice, but you could add anything to the sauce in the skillet and it would taste amazing. Try asparagus, or whatever green thing you can get your hands on.
The veggies cook in the tangy sauce which adds to the boldness of this dish. I like to serve it over rice.
Honey-Mustard Orange Chicken is an all-in-one skillet meal that makes preparation and clean-up a breeze!
More Skillet Meals
Love skillet meals as much as I do? Try these yummy recipes…
- Beef Tenderloin Rice Bowl
- Sesame Chicken Rice Bowl
- Easy Pesto Pasta
- Mango Chicken Pasta
- Lemon Butter Chicken
Honey-Mustard Orange Chicken
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- ½ tsp. curry
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium orange I used Cara-Cara
- ½ cup honey mustard BBQ sauce
- 1 lb. broccoli florets cut into small bites
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- 1 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken tenders with curry, paprika, garlic salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to skillet and turn heat to medium high.
- Add chicken tenders to skillet and saute, making sure to brown both sides.
- Cut the orange in half and squeeze the juice from half of the orange into skillet, stirring well.
- Cut the other half of the orange into round slices. Set aside.
- Pour BBQ sauce over chicken. Reduce heat to medium low and stir over heat.
- Continue to cook chicken in skillet for 15 minutes until tender.
- Add the broccoli florets to the skillet with 2 Tbsp. water.
- Stir broccoli in skillet until it is simmering in sauce.
- Increase heat to medium high and cook broccoli for 5 minutes.
- Stir teriyaki sauce into cooked brown rice.
- Serve chicken and broccoli over rice.
- Garnish with orange slices.
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.
Sharing is Caring! If you love my recipes, please SHARE with friends!