I just love my cast iron skillet. It’s truly a friend that has never let me down. We’ve been together through thick and thin, and I can always trust my skillet to deliver great flavor and delicious dishes!
Don’t you just love bright colors and bold flavors in food? When I’m trying to decide what to fix for dinner, I imagine how the colors will blend on a plate and if the recipe will taste as good as it looks. Honey-Mustard Orange Chicken will truly surprise you. The flavors in this dish will wake up your taste buds and say HELLO! 🙂
It all started with a few chicken tenders and curry seasoning. I threw the whole gang in my favorite skillet with a drizzle of olive oil and sautéed the chicken over medium high heat.
That’s when I spied a Cara-Cara orange hanging out in the fridge. Citrus and poultry love each other, so in went the juice of an orange. Since I was craving something tangy, I reached for a bottle of Honey Mustard BBQ sauce. It was a match made in heaven!
Broccoli is usually my veggie of choice, but you could add anything to the sauce in the skillet and it would taste amazing. Try asparagus, or whatever green thing you can get your hands on. The veggies cook in the tangy sauce which adds to the boldness of this dish.
Here’s another all-in-one skillet meal that makes preparation and clean-up a breeze! Enjoy!Print
Honey-Mustard Orange Chicken tastes as good as it looks!
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1/2 tsp. curry
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium orange (I used Cara-Cara)
- 1/2 cup honey mustard BBQ sauce
- 1 lb. broccoli florets, cut into small bites
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken tenders with curry, paprika, garlic salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to skillet and turn heat to medium high.
- Add chicken tenders to skillet and saute, making sure to brown both sides.
- Cut the orange in half and squeeze the juice from half of the orange into skillet, stirring well.
- Cut the other half of the orange into round slices. Set aside.
- Pour BBQ sauce over chicken. Reduce heat to medium low and stir over heat.
- Continue to cook chicken in skillet for 15 minutes until tender.
- Add the broccoli florets to the skillet with 2 Tbsp. water.
- Stir broccoli in skillet until it is simmering in sauce.
- Increase heat to medium high and cook broccoli for 5 minutes.
- Stir teriyaki sauce into cooked brown rice.
- Serve chicken and broccoli over rice.
- Garnish with orange slices.
Substitute any green vegetable for the broccoli if you wish.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Skillet
Keywords: orange chicken, honey mustard, rice, broccoli, cast iron skillet, dinner
View this recipe on Meal Plan Monday!