If you’re looking for a dessert that is both decadent and easy to create, Chocolate Raspberry Mousse is for you. Who doesn’t love the flavors of raspberry and chocolate mixed together? When you taste this delicious mousse, I bet you’ll agree!
Chocolate Raspberry Mousse is the perfect dessert for Valentine’s Day, Date Night, or that special birthday you’ve been planning. It’s even great to serve at Girl’s Night Out or a Bridal Luncheon. It’s light, fluffy, and filled with a surprise raspberry swirl!
How to Make Chocolate Raspberry Mousse
This dessert is easy to make if you gather all of the ingredients beforehand. You’ll need heavy cream, confectioner’s sugar, vanilla, chocolate chips, raspberries, raspberry jam, and cream cheese.
Start by blending the cream cheese in a stand up mixer until fluffy. Next, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave until creamy, stirring frequently. Mix the chocolate with the cream cheese until well blended, then store in the refrigerator while you continue the other steps.
Step by Step Instructions
With a mixer, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form, then add confectioner’s sugar and vanilla. Add the cream cheese mixture from the fridge and mix well.
In another bowl, mix raspberries with raspberry jam until the raspberries are mashed together. Now, it’s time to assemble the mousse. I like to use mini-glasses (ad) for this recipe, but you can use mini-mason jars (ad) as well.
Add a small teaspoon of raspberry mixture to each glass, then place the chocolate mousse into a piping bag with a large tip. Pipe mousse into the glass until it is halfway full, then add another teaspoon of raspberries on top of the mousse. Finish piping the chocolate mousse into the glass until it reaches the top. Garnish with one small raspberry.
It’s best to store Chocolate Raspberry Mousse in the refrigerator until just before serving. It holds well, and is a very impressive dessert that your friends and family will love!
Looking for more easy desserts? Try my Chocolate Strawberry Tart or Mini Strawberry Shortcakes. And, if you want to make the perfect dinner beforehand, I suggest Beef Tenderloin Marsala. Love will surely be in the air if you serve this meal!Print
Chocolate Raspberry Mouse is light, decadent, and filled with a raspberry swirl surprise. It’s the perfect dessert for special occasions!
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs. cream cheese
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 (12 oz) jar raspberry jam
- 1 pint raspberries (reserve 12 raspberries for garnish)
- 12 mini glasses (ad)
- In a stand up mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave until creamy, (3 to 5 minutes), stirring frequently. Add to cream cheese. Beat well and store in fridge until needed.
- Beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add confectioners sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
- Remove cream cheese/chocolate mixture from fridge and blend into whipped cream until mousse forms. Insert into a piping bag with a large tip.
- In a separate bowl, mix raspberry jam and raspberries until mashed.
- Add a teaspoon of raspberry mixture to each mini glass.
- Pipe chocolate mousse into glasses until half full.
- Add another teaspoon of raspberry mixture on top of mousse in each glass.
- Pipe mousse until it reaches the top of each glass.
- Garnish each mousse with a raspberry.
Store mousse in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate raspberry mousse, chocolate, raspberry, dessert, Valentine’s Day, Girl’s Night Out, Bridal Luncheon
Keep In Touch
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe. Please leave a comment and *STAR* rating below…