Strawberry Coconut Cupcakes are the perfect dessert for special occasions, or any day in between. They’re filled with real strawberry goodness!
Why You’ll Love These Cupcakes
Who doesn’t love cupcakes? How about Strawberry Coconut Cupcakes with Pink Buttercream Icing?
There’s just something about eating your own little cake that makes life worth living. You don’t have to share it with anybody. It’s just you and a perfectly swirled little cake. Suddenly, all your cares fade away. Then, the only thing that matters in the universe is becoming one with the icing!
If you don’t believe me, try visiting a kindergarten classroom on Valentine’s Day. It was there I discovered the power and mystique of a frosted cupcake. It has the ability to turn a frown into a smile within seconds. Hardly anyone can be sad or angry while eating their own little cake!
How to Make Strawberry Coconut Cupcakes
Strawberry Coconut Cupcakes start with a cake mix and end with a whole lotta loving. If you’ve never jazzed up a cake mix before, now’s your chance to give it a whirl. Instead of following the directions on the back of the box, you add lots of stuff that makes the cake taste like it came from a bakery!
You’ll need 4 eggs, 1 stick of melted butter, 1 cup of milk, 1 tablespoon of vanilla, and a small box of instant vanilla pudding.
Mix all of that together with a dry box of cake mix, then add 1 cup of coconut and 1 cup of chopped strawberries that have been squeezed and dried in paper towels.
Scoop the batter into lined muffin tins (ad), filling each one 3/4 full. Bake for 17 minutes at 350 degrees, and your house will smell like a strawberry garden!
How to Make Pink Buttercream Icing
In my opinion, the best part of Strawberry Coconut Cupcakes is the delicious buttercream icing. Adding pink gel food coloring (ad) is optional, but doesn’t it look pretty? Just wait until you taste this beauty!
The best buttercream icing starts with 5 cups of powdered sugar, 2 sticks of softened butter, 2 teaspoons of vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of cream. Blend it together with a mixer, then add 1 teaspoon of pink gel food coloring. Mix until smooth, then add to a piping bag with your choice of tip. I use this handy cupcake decorating set from Wilton (ad).
Piping the cupcakes takes a little practice, but it’s easy if you start on the bottom of each cupcake and swirl around and up in a clockwise motion. If you’ve ever made a soft serve ice cream cone, it’s the same technique.
Don’t worry if you mess up! The cook gets to eat all of the mistakes. Enjoy your cupcake. And, let all your cares fade away.
More Strawberry Desserts to Love
- Vintage Strawberry Cake
- Mini Strawberry Shortcakes
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart
- Strawberry Margarita Icebox Pie
- Chocolate Covered Berries
Strawberry Coconut Cupcakes
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 box 16.25 oz vanilla cake mix, dry
- 1 box 3.4 oz vanilla instant pudding, dry
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 cup strawberries chopped, squeezed and dried in paper towels
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. whipping cream can use whole milk if desired
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. pink gel food coloring ad
- strawberries cut in half for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs and milk together in a mixer.
- Add dry cake mix and dry vanilla pudding. Blend for 1 minute.
- Add melted butter, blend 1 minute.
- Stir in strawberries and coconut until blended.
- Scoop batter into lined muffin tins. (ad)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17 minutes and allow to cool completely before icing.
- Blend powdered sugar with softened butter in a mixer for 2 minutes on medium.
- Add cream and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Add pink gel food coloring (ad) and blend well.
- Place into a piping bag with choice of tip (ad).
- Frost cupcakes in a swirl (starting on bottom and going around and up in a clockwise motion).
- Garnish each cupcake with a strawberry that has been cut in half.
- Add more food coloring to icing to achieve the color you like.
- Refrigerate cupcakes until ready to serve.
- Make sure strawberries are squeezed in paper towels until no water comes out or the cupcakes will be runny.
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.
Sharing is Caring! If you love my recipes, please SHARE with friends!