Grilled Pork Tenderloin
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin is one of the easiest meats to fix on the grill. It's tender, savory, and pairs well with all sorts of southern sides.
What Type of Dry Rub Should I Use?
There's nothing quite as delicious as Grilled Pork Tenderloin. I love it when it gets that perfect char...which only takes about 20 to 25 minutes from start to finish.
But first, you have to show some love to the pork.
I'm a big fan of using a dry rub for pork tenderloin. My favorite seasoning is BBQ Rub with Coffee and Garlic from Trader Joe's (ad). It's the perfect blend of subtle spice...with just a hint of coffee that adds intense flavor to whatever you're grilling.
How to Make It
Sprinkle your favorite seasoning on a plain pork tenderloin and rub it down. Have some fun here...tenderloins just love to be pampered! Cover with aluminum foil, then let rest in the fridge until ready to grill.
Before it's time to start cooking, brush the grill with olive oil to prevent sticking. Preheat the grill to medium heat. Grill the tenderloin for 20 to 25 minutes , turning frequently, until it reaches 145 degrees with a meat thermometer.
Why Do You Have To Let Meat Rest?
Take the tenderloin off the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving. This allows the juices to redistribute into the meat. If you cut it too soon, you'll lose a lot of flavor.
Slice diagonally and serve plain, or with my Chimichurri Sauce which packs on the flavor. Be sure to grab the recipe to that sauce in the recipe card below!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Grilled Pork Tenderloin is so versatile, you can serve it alongside a variety of veggies and sides. For a down home barbecue, it goes great with Taylor's Collard Greens and Red Skin Potato Salad.
For a more upscale meal, pair Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Strawberry Pecan Salad and Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
No matter how you serve this dish, I promise it will be a big hit with your family and friends!
More Yummy Recipes to Try
- Chicken Fried Steak
- Crunchy Parmesan Chicken
- Beef Tenderloin Marsala
- Chicken Pot Hand Pies
- Portobello Chicken Lasagna
Grilled Pork Tenderloin
*See notes in blog post for detailed tips, photos and instructions.
- 1 pork tenderloin plain (not marinated)
- ¼ cup dry rub seasoning Trader Joe's ad
- olive oil for grilling
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 small onion quartered
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Rub seasoning into pork and place in dish.
- Cover and keep in refrigerator until ready to grill.
- Brush grill with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Grill tenderloin until temperature reaches 145 degrees with a meat thermometer. (about 20 to 25 minutes)
- Rotate tenderloin during cooking to brown all sides.
- Let pork rest for 10 minutes on cutting board.
- Slice diagonally and serve with chimichurri sauce.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Scrape the sides and pulse again until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Drizzle over pork tenderloin slices.
- Serve Grilled Pork Tenderloin at a barbecue picnic with Taylor's Collard Greens and Red Skin Potato Salad, or enjoy for dinner with Strawberry Pecan Salad and Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
Nutrition info is an auto generated estimate.
Keep in Touch
Sharing is Caring! If you love my recipes, please SHARE with friends!
Delicious pork loin and the chimichurri sauce make it yummy!
This is a favorite at our house!
Wonderful! So glad you like this pork tenderloin recipe!