Double Chocolate Chip Cake is rich, moist, and filled with two types of chocolate to make the easiest and most delicious bundt cake ever!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Of all the desserts my Momma made when I was growing up, Double Chocolate Chip Cake is the one I remember most.
It’s full of semi-sweet chocolate morsels, but if that’s not enough, there’s grated dark chocolate in the mix. Ah, two types of chocolate…the way to a girl’s heart.
What’s Special About This Cake?
Remember when using a cake mix was an everyday thing? Momma taught me how to cook, and her recipes always involved using a mix.
Sometime in the past ten years, baking from scratch made a comeback. And, while I’m all about scratch baking, I’m not above using a cake mix from time to time.
Double Chocolate Chip Cake was definitely made for a cake mix. It’s quick, easy, and a chocolate lover’s dream. What’s not to love?
Ingredients You’ll Need
- yellow cake mix
- vanilla instant pudding
- chocolate chips
- grated chocolate
- powdered sugar
Grease and flour a regular size (10 inch) bundt pan. Place the yellow cake mix, water, and oil in a mixing bowl. Beat until moistened. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Add vanilla pudding and mix well.
Grate the chocolate into the batter, then add chocolate chips and stir. Pour batter into a bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle.
Cool cake for 30 minutes, then invert over a pie plate. Tap the bundt pan lightly and the cake should pop right out. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, or drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired.
Can I Make Substitutions?
I’m all about making substitutions, and this cake is the perfect place to experiment. I’ve made it with peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, and even strawberry chips!
All of those variations are fun, but I like the chocolate chip version the best. If you decide to branch out and try a new flavor, don’t substitute the vanilla instant pudding. I tried that trick with butterscotch pudding and it was too much of a good thing (if you know what I mean).
More Chocolate Desserts to Love
If chocolate is on your list of one the best things ever invented, try my other yummy chocolate desserts…
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart
- Raspberry Chocolate Muffins
- Chocolate Brioche Bread Pudding
- The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake
Double Chocolate Chip Cake is rich, moist, and filled with two types of chocolate to make this one of the easiest and most delicious cake recipes ever.
- 1 box (15.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 box (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding (dry)
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- 4 oz. baking chocolate, grated
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a regular size (10 inch) bundt pan with baking spray and lightly dust with flour.
- In a mixing bowl, add yellow cake mix, water, and oil. Beat with mixer until moistened.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth for about 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla instant pudding mix (dry) and blend well.
- Grate the baking chocolate into the batter, then add the chocolate chips. Stir.
- Pour batter into bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle.
- Cool cake for 30 minutes, then invert over a pie plate. Tap the bundt pan lightly to pop the cake out onto the plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar, or drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired.
All ovens and altitudes are different. Check your cake frequently during baking to make sure it doesn’t overcook.
Substitute butterscotch, peanut butter, or strawberry baking chips for chocolate if desired.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Mix and Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: double chocolate chip cake, chocolate, cake, bundt pan, easy and quick recipes
Keep in Touch…
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe. Please leave a comment and *STAR* rating below…