Where Locals Eat in Asheville
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Where do locals eat in Asheville? West AVL is as laid back and casual as it gets. Anywhere in town is a local hangout, but here's where the locals like to chill on the west side...
- Admiral - 5 star dining in a funky dive
- Biscuit Head - biscuits as big as a cat's head with a free condiment bar
- Bonfire - tangy barbecue with fried honey mustard brussels sprouts
- Foothills Butcher Shop - Carolina burgers and Cuban sandwiches
- Gan Shan Station - Asian noodle dishes and dumplings
- Hole Donuts - handcrafted donuts made to order
- Itto Ramen Bar & Tapas - ramen noodle bowls and inventive tapas
- Nine Mile - addictive Caribbean cuisine that's out-of-this-world
- Oyster House - awesome seafood and beer brewed with oyster shells
- Pizza Mind - perfect crust and awesome toppings
- Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack - killer spicy chicken with the best sides
- Smoky Park Supper Club - flavorful dinners with a view of the river
- Standard Pizza - buy it by the slice, order it how you like
- Sunny Point - best breakfast in town, hands down
- Taco Billy's - slinging some of the coolest tacos in a tiny shack
- Tastee Diner - doing it the way a diner should
- Universal Joint - hip restaurant with stellar sandwiches & salads
- Urban Orchard - delicious turkey reuben with cider on tap
- Walk - Taco Tuesdays and affordable eats all week long
- Westville Pub - bar food with a pub style atmosphere
- Zias - tasty Mexican eatery serving margaritas to sip on the porch
- 12 Bones - BBQ and sides that will make you slap-happy
Where do locals eat in Asheville? Downtown has some fancy restaurants to visit on special occasions, but locals like these casual spots when dining out...
- Asheville Pizza & Brewing - pizza, beer & a movie
- Barley's Tap Room - cranking out pizza, trivia & billiards
- Ben's Tuneup - Asian food in an old garage that's mighty good
- Brahmari - giant chicken sandwiches and sour beer on the porch
- Buxton Hall - best BBQ joint on the block doing it up right
- Chai Pani - Indian food that locals stand in line to eat
- City Bakery - bread and pastries you have to see to believe
- Early Girl - southern food from farm to table
- French Broad Chocolate - order the salted caramel liquid truffle
- Little Bee Thai - an authentic Thai experience
- Mamacitas - counter service ordering up Mexican favorites
- Manicomio's - New York style pizza with a fabulous patio
- Pack's Tavern - pub food with great entertainment
- Storm Rhum Bar - a beautiful restaurant with great food & drinks
- The Underground Cafe' - stellar sandwiches & quirky donuts
- The Vault - one of the best burgers in town
- Wayside Grill - down the hill in Biltmore Village, but worth the drive
- White Duck Taco - get the Baja Fish taco and a margarita
Get descriptions about the restaurants listed by clicking below.
More Fun in Asheville
Where to Eat
- Where Locals Eat in Asheville
- 85 Top Asheville Restaurants
- Cheap Eats under $10 in Asheville
- Best West Asheville Restaurants
Things to Do
- Asheville Breweries & Lounges
- 12 Rooftop Views in Asheville
- Where to Relax in Asheville
- Local Guide to Biltmore at Christmas
- Top Things to Do in Asheville
Copyright © 2022 | QuicheMyGrits.com | All rights reserved
Great suggestions!! Can’t wait to try out your recipes!! Congratulations on your new venture!! ????
Thanks Melanie! So glad you like it! Let me know which new restaurant you try. 🙂
Debi, great suggestions! You are the best. Just sayin’!
Thanks Denise! Which restaurant is your favorite? 🙂
Unfortunately, Over Easy Cafe is permanently closed. It's a shame because their food was amazing!!
Oh, that is such a shame. I will adjust that on my listing, but I hate to see it go!