Wild Rice Salad is served cold and keeps well in the refrigerator for holiday meals. It's a great alternative to heavy sides at Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 1 cup wild rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. dried curry
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, minced
- Bring wild rice to a boil in a dutch oven (ad) filled with 4 cups of water.
- Turn down heat, cover and simmer rice for 30 minutes until soft, stirring frequently.
- While rice is cooking, chop pecans, onion and apricots. Place in a bowl and add golden raisins.
- To make dressing, whisk vinegar, olive oil, sugar, curry and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Pour dressing over cooked rice in dutch oven. (ad) Stir well.
- Add pecans, onion, apricots and raisins to rice and mix together.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Store rice in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
Substitute dried cranberries or cherries for apricots if desired. It's fun to change the dried fruit depending on the season.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Dutch Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: wild rice salad, apricots, pecans, cranberries, wild rice, salad, holiday recipes, Thanksgiving, Christmas