If you like sweet and savory flavors, and dig the taste of cilantro, you will love Watermelon Feta Salad. It’s very different from how you usually enjoy watermelon, but cilantro lovers can’t get enough!
Down south, you’ll find lots of folks who love to put salt on their watermelon slices. Some even like a sprinkle of sugar on top! Either one brings out the sweetness of the watermelon.
This salad is made from watermelon cubes, cilantro, oil & vinegar, salt & pepper, and feta cheese. Watermelon provides the sweet flavor, and the rest of the ingredients provide the savory.
It’s the perfect accompaniment to grilled chicken, pork, or seafood. I like to serve it alongside a nice steak as well. Guests are always surprised when they they take their first bite. 🙂
Our neighborhood has a watermelon tasting every Labor Day, and when I was a little girl, we always served it at the neighborhood gatherings for the 4th of July. Watermelon just screams summer…and I’m eating as many as I can before the cool weather approaches!
Enjoy those watermelons and the final days of summer!Print
Watermelon Feta Salad is cool and refreshing, and a nice accompaniment to grilled chicken, pork, or seafood.
- 1 small seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup light canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Cut watermelon into cubes and set aside in a serving bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine onion, vinegar, cilantro, canola oil, soy sauce, and salt and pepper.
- Whisk until blended well, then add feta cheese and stir gently.
- Pour dressing over watermelon and toss.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Mix by Hand
Keywords: watermelon, watermelon salad, feta, cilantro, salads
View Watermelon Feta Salad on Meal Plan Monday!