Sometimes it’s hard to get in the required amount of veggies every day, especially if you’re trying to feed fussy eaters. Turkey Florentine Lasagna to the rescue!
I promise if you make this dish, no one will care if you throw spinach into the mix. They also won’t notice you used ground turkey instead of beef, which makes this skillet meal a double WINNER!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Turkey Florentine Lasagna starts in a skillet and ends up in your favorite casserole dish. By using no-boil noodles, (ad) the cooking time is cut in half. If all of the reasons above don’t persuade you to make this yummy lasagna, I know what will…CHEESE!
I bet if I mention that the recipe calls for 3 types of CHEESE, your taste buds will start waking up. That always does it for me! The combo of pasta and cheese never fails to please.
How to Make Turkey Florentine Lasagna
Start by gathering all of your ingredients. You’ll need…
- lean ground turkey
- a small onion
- dried Italian herbs
- jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (ad)
- frozen chopped spinach
- no-boil lasagna noodles (ad)
- ricotta cheese
- shredded parmesan cheese
- shredded mozzarella
Brown the ground turkey in a skillet with onion and dried Italian herbs. Add your favorite spaghetti sauce and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Stir in the chopped spinach and allow to simmer for 5 more minutes. I purchase the frozen spinach that comes in a bag instead of a block. This allows me to measure out the exact quantity and eliminates having to drain the spinach. Feel free to substitute fresh spinach if desired.
Now, the fun begins! In a 9 X 13 casserole dish, add a thin layer of ground turkey mixture to coat the pan and prevent sticking. Next, cover the turkey with no-boil lasagna noodles.
Spread another thin layer of ground turkey mixture over the noodles, then layer with ricotta, parmesan and mozzarella. Repeat process until you reach the top of the casserole dish, ending with mozzarella cheese.
What’s even better? This dish is an easy way to put supper on the table, and you can feel good about getting in those veggies for the day! It’s great to serve as a main dish, and also feeds a large crowd for tailgate parties or family dinners.Print
Turkey Florentine Lasagna is an easy way to eat your veggies for the day. It’s simple, quick, and a healthy lasagna filled with cheesy goodness.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the ground turkey in a skillet. Add onion and dried Italian herbs. Cook for about 5 minutes until turkey is completely browned.
- Add spaghetti sauce and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in frozen spinach and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a 9 X 13 casserole dish, add a thin layer of ground turkey mixture to coat the pan and prevent sticking.
- Cover turkey mixture with a layer of no-boil noodles. (No need to cook!)
- Spread another thin layer of ground turkey mixture over the noodles, then layer with ricotta, parmesan and mozzarella.
- Repeat process until you reach the top of the casserole dish, ending with mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle top of lasagna with a light dusting of dried Italian herbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Allow lasagna to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Use no-boil noodles for best results.
Purchase frozen chopped spinach in a bag instead of a block to eliminate the need for draining.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: spinach lasagna, turkey, turkey florentine lasagna, no boil noodles, family dinner, main dishes
Keep in Touch
Like what you see? Be sure to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER so you’ll never miss a thing!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe. Please leave a comment and *STAR* rating below…